Lorex (Dahua Rebrand) Firmware Update Security Issue

Wumflord

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought a Lorex IP Camera but later found it was affected by the Dahua Generation 2/3 backdoor access. After finding out it was a Dahua rebrand (the WebUI looks identical), i searched for dahua-own firmware as it has a lot more customization and might cure the security flaw.

-LNB3143RP Weatherproof High Definition Night Vision IP Security Camera Series

Could anyone help me find matching firmware to the camera? Or should i just email Lorex for it.
Any help appreciated.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thats one of those odd ones from Lorex that does not physically match anything else on the market (really from any brand even). Odd housing shape that I've never seen. I have no idea. The Lorex page says its not onvif compliant and only works with a couple of specific NVR's but then just under that it says that it is....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a Lorex IP Camera but later found it was affected by the Dahua Generation 2/3 backdoor access. After finding out it was a Dahua rebrand (the WebUI looks identical), i searched for dahua-own firmware as it has a lot more customization and might cure the security flaw.

-LNB3143RP Weatherproof High Definition Night Vision IP Security Camera Series

Could anyone help me find matching firmware to the camera? Or should i just email Lorex for it.
Any help appreciated.
Welcome Wumflord

I concur with MixManSC

uncertain of which Dahua OEM model this would correspond with.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNB3143/LNB3143_Series_Specs_R6.pdf

Also concur with Terk after looking closer at the specs, if you recently purchased this I would consider returning it if you paid "normal" Lorex prices.