Looking for Dahua Firmware Updates

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mentioned in a previous post that I was seeing some peculiar DNS issues/errors with a bunch of my Dahua cameras. This happens when I login to the problematic cameras. After entering my login credentials, there is a pause followed by a small "DNS Error" popup window. I can still get into the configuration screens, but I cannot see the camera image while I'm in there... it makes it impossible to configure things like motion detection zones and overlays.

I did some detailed analysis of all 17 cameras on the network and it appears to be happening with just two particular models (affecting 8 total cameras in my network). Furthermore, it seems likely the problem is due to a firmware issue.

Here are the Dahua camera models involved:

MODEL: HNC5241EN-IR-28

FIRMWARE: 2.400.0000.10.R, build : 2015-06-18

------------------------------

MODEL: HDBW4421E

FIRMWARE: 2.400.0000.7.T, build : 2015-12-09

-------------------------------

I have 3 additional HDBW4421E cameras with newer firmware that are working fine - no DNS problems

2.400.0000.28.T, Build Date: 2016-04-13

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find Dahua firmware updates in general, or for these cameras, in particular? I played Amazon roulette and the seller is no longer reachable. I really like these cameras, with the exception of the buggy ones I am dealing with.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!