Looking for BI5 compatible Outdoor PTZ camera for pets / animals

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasnt sure where to post this. I have a combination of Dahua, Amcrest and 1 Reolink PTZ cameras. Im running Blue Iris 5. This is for Outdoors.

Im looking for a suggestion under $500 for a PTZ camera that does well with animal tracking and works well with BI5.

Required:
PTZ that will track animals (mainly a 110 pound dog.
IR
Blue Iris compatible.
Outdoors

Nice to have:
PTZ that will zoom in automatically
Wireless option (this inst preferred method but depends where I can actually mount it outside.
POE

Location is KY. Our winters arent bad. It might get in the teens in cold weather.

Im looking to cover a backyard fenced in area that is 65' x 70'. The highest point I can mount it would be 12 feet off the corner of the house on a raised part of the yard.
I would be moving this Dahua PTZ to the front of the house and replacing it with whatever I get suggestions on. If it is this location, its a wired connection, Cat6 going to it. POE.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No need for multiple threads of same topic.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thx Flinestone. I watched all 18 minutes of the video but did not hear anything on pet or animal tracking for these models?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As mentioned in the other thread, you need to find an older model that doesn't have AI and tracks based on a certain size object regardless of what the item is.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Reolink is problematic for many people with BI...