Looking for a solution for alarm and video all in one

shmurple

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been tearing up the internet up and down looking for a solution to this. I want to be able to integrate a wireless alarm panel (like the Honeywell Vista Panel) with ONVIF cameras. I've been looking for a some sort of user friendly version, but I specifically don't want to use wireless cameras.

I know most tech enthusiasts don't mind switching between apps, but I know most would prefer to keep things under one system, or at the very least have their platforms integrate with one another.

Anyone could hook up a Ring Alarm and camera system and be able to see both on their dashboard, but I want something with a little more oomph and not cloud storage based. I've seen the Alarm.com stuff and the Resideo bits too, but those aren't what I have in mind. I find it hard to believe that there isn't something in-between Ring and high-end commercial softwares. If anyone knows a way to get what I'm looking for beyond just straight up hiring a developer I'm all ears, and I'm sure a lot of other people would be as well. Could be Windows 10 based like Blue Iris, or on a dedicated NVR that just talks to the alarm system/sensors or vice versa.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been tearing up the internet up and down looking for a solution to this. I want to be able to integrate a wireless alarm panel (like the Honeywell Vista Panel) with ONVIF cameras. I've been looking for a some sort of user friendly version, but I specifically don't want to use wireless cameras.

I know most tech enthusiasts don't mind switching between apps, but I know most would prefer to keep things under one system, or at the very least have their platforms integrate with one another.

Anyone could hook up a Ring Alarm and camera system and be able to see both on their dashboard, but I want something with a little more oomph and not cloud storage based. I've seen the Alarm.com stuff and the Resideo bits too, but those aren't what I have in mind. I find it hard to believe that there isn't something in-between Ring and high-end commercial softwares. If anyone knows a way to get what I'm looking for beyond just straight up hiring a developer I'm all ears, and I'm sure a lot of other people would be as well. Could be Windows 10 based like Blue Iris, or on a dedicated NVR that just talks to the alarm system/sensors or vice versa.
Most people don't have OCD and they're okay with using two apps, considering that you get a superior product in each category and that you have 50 other apps on your phone. Honestly why would you want the same app that shows you whether your alarm system is on or off to show you your cameras what benefit does this give you?

shmurple

n3wb
Reaction score
Most people don't have OCD and they're okay with using two apps, considering that you get a superior product in each category and that you have 50 other apps on your phone. Honestly why would you want the same app that shows you whether your alarm system is on or off to show you your cameras what benefit does this give you?
Because it’s not for me, I wouldn’t care, it’s a common ask from my clients though. They want everything in one place either because they’re older and don’t want to have to learn more than one app, or because they’re rich and buy their own realities. Or also they just want it that way, and ask me why it can’t be that way for them. And you have to admit, from a non tech savvy person’s point of view, it’s simpler for the end user, which is what I’m all about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Because it’s not for me, I wouldn’t care, it’s a common ask from my clients though. They want everything in one place either because they’re older and don’t want to have to learn more than one app, or because they’re rich and buy their own realities. Or also they just want it that way, and ask me why it can’t be that way for them. And you have to admit, from a non tech savvy person’s point of view, it’s simpler for the end user, which is what I’m all about.
Its not simpler. Its confusing. Why would i look at an alarm app when I want to see cameras. Makes no sense. If they are older they dont even know its possible to use one app, you are selling the idea to them for no reason.