Line Crossing

SkiFreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe I am just missing something simple, but if I am, it's not obvious how to do something I previousy thought would be simple.

I have numerous different models of Hikvision cameras, all of which have the option to set line crossing detection. Some are older cameras and some are newer. I also have an I series NVR.
What I am wanting to know is if it is possible to have a line detection event trigger recording of that event.

When I setup line crossing I can get the NVR to send me an email notification, which is accompanied by 3 incomplete image files (top 10% of image is okay, but the rest is blank), making that method next to useless.
However, no matter what I have tried, there is never a recorded event saved onto the NVR.

With motion detection enabled it all works as expected, but there are so many falsely triggered events (trees/leaves moving, shadows changing, etc.) that using motion detection is pretty useless too.
All I want to do is monitor a locked gate and get a notification and recording if anyone tries to open that gate.

So, what I would dearly like to know is if there is a way to have a line crossing event trigger a recording of that event.
If so, could someone please share their knowledge on this, as I have run out of options.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Over 200 views of this post, but not a single response...
No (exact) NVR model, no NVR firmware version, no camera model, no camera firmware version, no screenshots of the tested NVR event configurations ...
Helpful responses often depend on useful provided data on the problem.