Line crossing setup not possible through the NVR?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a HikVision camera and NVR. I read in a HikVision manual that line crossing can only be set up directly with the camera and not through the NVR. Is this correct?

Some time ago I set up line crossing. I don't remember how I did it. I do note that I can see the settings through the NVR, including the line, but I cannot modify them.

I'm still working on figuring this out, but would this be a reason why I need to connect my camera to my router (via a PoE box) instead of directly into my NVR?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I take that question back. I'm not sure how long ago the HikVision FAQ on their website was written but my NVR can do it. I just didn't push the right button...

But I am still wondering what advantages connecting a camera to my router would give me in terms of configuration over what I can do through the NVR. One would hope HikVision NVRs play well with their cameras...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But I am still wondering what advantages connecting a camera to my router would give me in terms of configuration over what I can do through the NVR.
Probably none if you have the 'Virtual Host' facility and it's enabled. That gives full access to the PoE-connected camera web GUI.
Configuration | Network | Advanced Settings | Other