Layout Problem with 5.5.2.5

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Layout Problem with 5.5.2.5 release where I can not edit the layout, the older release use to have an " EDIT LAYOUT" button and slider top right as below but now I only see "EDIT LAYOUT" button no slider to arrange the sizes of the camera's on screen.

OLD LAYOUT
2021-11-15 19_05_01-Blue Iris.jpg

NEW LAYOUT
2021-11-15 19_08_54-Blue Iris.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to 5.5.x. Click edit layout, and the background should turn green. Then you can right click any of the cameras for a big menu of options. There's a lot more advanced control over the layout now, but as a consequence, it is not as easy to configure as it was before.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Still struggling here guy's , I have 6 cameras and want all 6 same size as they was before in a 3x2 configuration and any way you can adjust the whole layout instead of each camera?
I think the problem is only a 4UP layout now where I had 6 UP on older version which was better for me as it filled the whole screen.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I went through the same thing with the initial change. Fooling with the aspect ratios finally got it the way I want it. That is until I add two more cameras, then all bets are off again. I'm not a fan of this layout method.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You should be able to make the layout as you want it like before. You click on each camera thinking the setting you are making is for that camera but it also arranges the others. What was the problem with the old layout as now it is broke for me and no way to fix it no matter what settings I use. If I revert to the older firmware then it is easy with 1 slider.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with you. I have four cameras that I want larger and the other 16 smaller. Moving one camera re-arranges the whole screen. Adding a camera does the same thing. It's a big PITA and in terms of usability it certainly isn't user friendly. Maybe there's an underlying reason for it. Beats me, but it is a PITA.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve also had issues with the new layout tool, I’ve got 8 real cams and 3 clones and by default with the layout tool it always seems to do 4 in the top row, 4 in the middle and 3 in the bottom row.

So the bottom row cams are larger but no matter what I do I can’t get the top row to have the first 3 cams as the larger view. If I move things around or resize it screws the entire and I mean the entire layout up. If I drag cams around it seems to be pot luck as what you’ll end up with.

I think a better write up by the developer is needed as to the exact logic that gets applied.

For the time being I’ve given up hoping that it might be fixed in future release but it looks like what we have is what it will be.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Heck, I'm on 5.5.3.3 already.

There are other improvements that seem semi-worthwhile which helps offset the console mess.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah it isn't at all user friendly, seems to have a mind of it's own.

Right now I have three cams waiting on a forth, in the meantime I'd like to have two side by side at the top row with the third directly below one of em at the top. So I can display Processes window in that unused corner until Monday, you know divide the screen into 4 equal squares.

Help file says you can drag and drop and yea that be great but nope doesn't work. Attempt to slide the bottom cam to one side? just snaps right back to the center again. Results in a waste of screen space.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t think the layout change will now get updated as the release numbers have now moved on so we’ll just have to configure the best we can, frustrating as it is!