LaView LV-N9616D6E view through browser issue

Dougm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm setting up the Laview system. When no cameras are plugged in and the system reboots, I can access the NVR through a local computer browser. When I plug one or more cameras in, there appears to be an IP address conflict and nothing shows through the browser plugin.

Also after plugging a camera in and click the configuration->network tab the NVR settings freeze and I can't navigate anywhere through the NVR.

I can see everything correctly through the NVR or iphone app.

I assigned a static IP to the NVR 192.168.1.151 and gateway is set to router at 192.168.1.1. Internal NIC address is 192.168.254.1 and the cameras appear to all have unique IP addresses. There's nothing else on the network with the IP of the NVR or NIC address.

I've been messing around with this for a couple of days and would appreciate any help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
there appears to be an IP address conflict
What makes you think this is the case?
Is the camera plugged in to a NVR PoE port?

This sounds more likely to be a PC problem, maybe something to do with the webcomponents plugin, which comes into play using the browser for most tasks.
Maybe try de-installing it and following the download/install prompts again.
What browser are you using?
Do you have another PC to test with?

Dougm

n3wb
Reaction score
What makes you think this is the case?
When I first got it set up, I had the NVR set to dynamic IP. It did the same thing. Then I set to static at the suggestion of support (which I'm having a hard time waiting for) and it worked right. Then I started plugging cameras in, and they worked for a while, then went to blank boxes in the browser.
It seems to work right until I restart the NVR after making any changes (?).
It doesn't seem to make a difference as far as computer, although their support says only IE works with plugin. I had it going in Safari on Macbook until a restart of the NVR. Everything is fine until cameras start to get plugged in or a restart.

Camera is plugged into NVR and the NVR gives out the camera IP's on a different subnet than the router.
Thanks!

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I first got it set up, I had the NVR set to dynamic IP. It did the same thing. Then I set to static at the suggestion of support (which I'm having a hard time waiting for) and it worked right. Then I started plugging cameras in, and they worked for a while, then went to blank boxes in the browser.
It seems to work right until I restart the NVR after making any changes (?).
It doesn't seem to make a difference as far as computer, although their support says only IE works with plugin. I had it going in Safari on Macbook until a restart of the NVR. Everything is fine until cameras start to get plugged in or a restart.

Camera is plugged into NVR and the NVR gives out the camera IP's on a different subnet than the router.
Thanks!
Hi Dougm,
How are you doing with your Laview system especially the LV-N9616D6E NVR?
I'm curious about your experience with this system so far since I plan to purchase the same NVR. Would you share some feedbacks? Thanks in advance!

Dougm

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting you should ask as I set up my second LaView this past week with 14 cameras - 12 came with the system and I used 4 other Amcrest IP cameras.
With the first setup, my issue seemed to be with the NVR itself and LaView replaced it free of charge although it took a couple of weeks for the whole process. Their support is good but could take a couple of days to get answers by email.
I use no-ip.net to set these up for remote viewing. I also have the LaView desktop app in use on 3 computers in the local office.
The first setup has worked relatively flawlessly for over a year. I've added third party cameras so have 15 on it now. One of them is a wireless one that's on a different network but viewable on the NVR. The NVR has also helped the company I set it up for catch some arson and vandalism on the property so it was well worth it.
Thanks for asking skywaytp!