LAN speeds with multiple 4k cams

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 1gig connection from my ISP. All equipment in LAN is 1gig. Should I see much data speed slow down with 4 cams that are 4k each? Recording 24/7 at 30fps? Have you all with comparable setups seen speeds drop much on the LAN side?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a 1gig connection from my ISP. All equipment in LAN is 1gig. Should I see much data speed slow down with 4 cams that are 4k each? Recording 24/7 at 30fps? Have you all with comparable setups seen speeds drop much on the LAN side?
Hi @trauts14

Are you using a cloud dependent product?

I recommend that you do not have security camera traffic run through your router. It just adds more work for your router to do.

Turn off UPnP and P2P on your router.

Have all the security cameras on a separate PoE switch or NVR w/PoE.

Save all video locally, and only send out alerts and possible video snippets out over your internet connection.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have dahua nvr which has built in POE ports. I currently have 7 (2mp each) cams being recorded, and my speeds are solid. I am curious how things would be with only 4 cams that are 4k each. Do you use 4k cams? If so, can you share your experience with speeds?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have dahua nvr which has built in POE ports. I currently have 7 (2mp each) cams being recorded, and my speeds are solid. I am curious how things would be with only 4 cams that are 4k each. Do you use 4k cams? If so, can you share your experience with speeds?
Hi @trauts14

My cameras are not connected to the internet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your lan speed will not be affected at all.