Just had fiber optic installed in my home last week .. iPhone on WiFi6 speed result

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
My town started installing fiber optic about 2 years ago and it finally arrived in my neighborhood area. I had it installed last week and they threw in a WiFi6 so I was curious what the speed result was on iPhone 12 .

See screenshot ...

wifi6result.jpeg

We have several three year old Ubiquiti MOMI wifi access points installed in our home and it only get about 250Mpbs max ....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
VERY nice. I got my 1 GB fiber down/up this past Sept. 28 and am lovin' it, their router tests @ ~ 945 down/up after overhead. The house Netgear Wi-Fi is 2.4 & 5Ghz and the 5GHz tests at 432 Mbps down / 387 up (decent) but your WiFi6 is a big improvement with regard to Wi-Fi. :headbang:

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
VERY nice. I got my 1 GB fiber down/up this past Sept. 28 and am lovin' it, their router tests @ ~ 945 down/up after overhead. The house Netgear Wi-Fi is 2.4 & 5Ghz and the %GHz tests at 432 Mbps down / 387 up (decent) but your WiFi6 is a big improvement with regard to Wi-Fi. :headbang:
Our wired connection is about 850-875 up/down while my brother who live like a mile down the street get about 960-980 up/down. :/

But still better than cable or anything I had in the past so we are happy with it.

Our local cable broken down their internet package from unlimited or per usage about a year ago so we were glad to get away from them. I know a guy who's an grown adult who's a heavy gamer but he never bothered to read his email from the cable ISP so he missed that one email warning about the usage change package. He freaked out when he opened next bill costing him over 600 dollars for the over usage.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our wired connection is about 850-875 up/down while my brother who live like a mile down the street get about 960-980 up/down. :/
Oh, yeah....we had 15 years of 1.5Mbps down / 512K up (Satellite for 3 years, DSL for 12) that would go out when a squirrel farted or the wind blew so we are VERY pleased.

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm happy with 300 Mbps up/down with fiber the last 3 years. Before that it was DSL 4 Mbps down and around 800k up for as long as I remember. :)

It will kill me if I have to go back to the old DSL speed.:facepalm: