Just going out for a ride . . .

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what happens when several not-so-bright people come together...essentially it's rare that ONE miscue causes an accident. Take for instance, getting rear-ended while driving:
1) Driver behind is too close even under ideal conditions.​
2) Driver behind is distracted, such as texting.​
3) Conditions merit slower speed, such as rain.​
4) Tires of the vehicle behind are worn.​
Very often if only ONE of the 4 above is eliminated, there's no accident; if two are more are true, then an accident is HIGHLY likely....all FOUR? Almost guaranteed! :headbang:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what happens when several not-so-bright people come together...essentially it's rare that ONE miscue causes an accident. Take for instance, getting rear-ended while driving:
1) Driver behind is too close even under ideal conditions.​
2) Driver behind is distracted, such as texting.​
3) Conditions merit slower speed, such as rain.​
4) Tires of the vehicle behind are worn.​
Very often if only ONE of the 4 above is eliminated, there's no accident; if two are more are true, then an accident is HIGHLY likely....all FOUR? Almost guaranteed! :headbang:
So true, and just watching this video really had me take pause. I know it's all the rage to enjoy nature and in many cases to participate in activities that are considered risky.

But, any person with a modicum of common sense would know this whole thing is just a death trap waiting to happen. :facepalm: The fact these woman survived per the article that made me post this up. Simply affirms life is stranger than fiction and pretty sure someone will repair this death trap so others can enjoy the same fate - later! :oops:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
have to admit i thought the accident was going to be the a-frame coming out of its rear foundations and the whole lot going over the cliff. Darwin awards for all who go on that thing
When I started to view the video the first things that crossed my mind were these. More than likely it was due to the fact I had watched several unrelated video.

- Land slide: I thought maybe the area had seen major rain fall and thus honestly thought everyone was going to die. Because the whole area was just going to collapse and everyone would fall to their death. <- Thank God that didn't happen.

- A Frame: Like you I thought one or more of the concrete anchor points would pull out. Or, one of the legs would collapse due to rust and corrosion. :thumbdown:

- Chair: I was thinking when the guy was really pushing the seat the wooden plank was going to break off some where and the two woman would fall through. :rolleyes:

- Lightning: I don't know why this crossed my mind probably because I've been watching lots of tornado / lightning storm video's. I thought a random lightning bolt was going to strike the A frame and kill the two woman. :facepalm:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I was waiting for something bad as well...I was waiting for the guy doing the pushing to get the swing's seat more and more cockeyed / sideways, the chains not in sync / parallel, causing the seat to hit one of the A-frame verticals, spin the seat wildly and throw the women out...either on the ground or over the cliff. :screwy:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
have to admit i thought the accident was going to be the a-frame coming out of its rear foundations and the whole lot going over the cliff. Darwin awards for all who go on that thing
I was expecting to see the same thing. Either that, or the riders would fall out because they weren't strapped in. There's no way I'd sit in that setup without a seat belt.