IVS and Motion Alert Question

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What I've noticed is that if motion detection is turned in BI for a zone on AND IVS is enabled on the camera with a tripline that also happens to overlap the BI motion zone, BI never uses the IVS to trigger an alert. I'm assuming that is because the BI motion detection picks up the motion first and triggers an alert before the target reaches the trip line. If I mask off the zone where the trip line lies, then I'll get the external IVS motion alert.

Is there anyway to get two alerts? As in, have the alert fire for the BI motion and have another alert fire because of the external IVS ONVIF trigger. I was thinking I could simply setup a clone and just turn motion detection off for the clone but leave on IVS only, but that didn't seem to get it done. I've never messed with clones before so I may have simply done it incorrectly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I've noticed is that if motion detection is turned in BI for a zone on AND IVS is enabled on the camera with a tripline that also happens to overlap the BI motion zone, BI never uses the IVS to trigger an alert. I'm assuming that is because the BI motion detection picks up the motion first and triggers an alert before the target reaches the trip line. If I mask off the zone where the trip line lies, then I'll get the external IVS motion alert.

Is there anyway to get two alerts? As in, have the alert fire for the BI motion and have another alert fire because of the external IVS ONVIF trigger. I was thinking I could simply setup a clone and just turn motion detection off for the clone but leave on IVS only, but that didn't seem to get it done. I've never messed with clones before so I may have simply done it incorrectly.
For the clone using the IVS - in the general tab, select clone master.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing something similar and was wondering if it would work and if there was an order, so it sounds like let the clone master be the one with IVS and the clone for BI motion detection. I will try that soon as well.