iVMS-4200 on Mac OS X

JimLudden

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD3T35-I5 which has taken me three days (off and on) to get 'working'. I can see the image in Safari locally, and in iVMS-4500 on my iPhone remotely.
However, using iVMS-4200 v1.02.03.02 on my Mac, I can see this device as online and Active, but cannot Main View the image.
I do not have an NVR because I have only one camera. The image is great (when I can see it).
One other person has been able to configure Safari (with Web Component download, I suspect) to see the image remotely.

What am I doing wrong with iVMS-4200 on may Mac?

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW (not helpful) I am seeing the same on my Mac .... I dont use the VMS live view ..

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IVMS-4200 is pretty useless regardless of the platform compared to directly accessing the cams via Safari. I haven't used IVMS for months-you can do a lot more configuration with Safari that IVMS doesn't allow. My impression is they're slowly abandoning these applications and spending their time developing web access features. But IVMS-4500 for the iPhone is pretty robust and well engineered IMHO.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
I find iVMS-4200 on OSX to be pretty good for live viewing and remote playback. I much prefer it to viewing via Safari, especially as the plugin frequently crashes when reviewing previously recorded footage. Have you added the device via the device management tab? Are you trying to view locally or remotely?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest IVMS-4200 for OSX 10.10 that I can find is v1.02.02.02, released 05/12/16. Firstly, there is only event search for motion detection and alarm input and I'm using intrusion detection. Also, the blue rules lines always show up on Live View and playback even though rules are turned off - very distracting. Lastly, in IVMS none of the camera settings (WDR, etc) that are only available at the camera level are accessible through IVMS since they are connected through the NVR and the app doesn't know about them, unlike camera management via the Safari interface. I agree that the latest webcomponents plugins Hik has put out for the Mac suck and they've been promising a new one for months, but a nice member of this forum posted a beta he got from Hik before they finally stopped responding to him, and I'm getting pretty good results from it. Hopefully a better version is coming soon...

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using iVMS-4200 v1.02.03.02, so a slightly newer version to yours. You can get rid of the blue lines by going to System->System Configuration->Image and unchecking Enable Hightlight and VCA Rule. Yes, you can't access all the camera's settings via iVMS but I simply use it for live viewing and playback as I find the current webcomponents plugin extremely buggy and is prone to crashing. I only use the web interface if I need to make any changes to the camera's settings. Unfortunately my cameras don't support specific event search so I can't search by event in iVMS or via the web interface

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have VCA rules turned off but on my version the blue lines still show everywhere but occasionally they turn off after a few minutes. I fool around with the settings of my cams a LOT still. I like the Safari web interface and I hope that either (someday) Hik can get it (pretty much) right or else come out with a complete revamp of IVMS that supports all the features of their cams and NVR's.