iVMS-4200 Client - Username/password

gp2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi and happy new year all!

One of my clients has a system consisting of 2 x NVRs and 1 x Access Controller (DS-K2606).
There is a single control PC running iVMS-4200, which I set up about 3 years ago, and haven't logged into for around 2 years (as I have not needed to add any new staff etc).

Upon going back today to try to access the Client software, it says "The user doesn't exist" for every username I try.
I have the username/password that I set it up with, but it is refusing it for some reason.
No one else has changed it / or even has access to the secure room where it's stored.

1) Is there any way I can look up the username? Just in case my record is incorrect?
Is it stored in a local database file anywhere, or would any of the log files contain the username?
I have searched but cannot find anything. I have a feeling my username (admin) is correct, but something has been corrupted perhaps?

2) Alternatively if I uninstall and reinstall the software, create a new account, and add the devices again, will the software download/syncronize the Access Control credential database from the DS-K2606?
I don't want to risk losing the database of staff keyfobs etc.

Thanks

gp2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I took the plunge and uninstalled/reinstalled it... I now have access.
However, I still have a couple of issues. Is anyone good with Access Control here?

Using the Person tab I pressed Get from Device to import all the cardholder records.
However, none of the imported cardholders are assigned to a group, and there doesn't appear to be a way to import the Access Groups.

Seems there is no way of taking a true backup of the data either... You can export cardholders to a file, but its only the cardholder records, not the structure of the organization or access groups etc.
Am I missing something?

thanks!

gp2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow... wasnt expecting to find plaintext username and password stored in the registery editor. This isnt what im looking for... but shocking to find.
1673289626324.png

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didnt find a solution to getting Authorization groups back besides ivms backup restore.

New DS-2604(T) version got ISAPI where u can find out who got access to which doors and in what time schedule with simply doing a POST and GET requests to isapi endpoints.

And yeah ivms stores username and pw to regedit, but new versions encrypts the password so its not plain text.