It wasn't her day to die

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like she landed in perfect position to fill up her tank. :facepalm:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I like how she gets out of the car and just starts walking. I wonder if she had to open the door?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reminds me of an old "Dukes of Hazzard" episode when the General Lee would get airborne.

Man, her and others were VERY lucky.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Report says:
She works in food industry (explains the apron), where drinks were served. She said she had a few before leaving work.

Brings back memories:
In 1978, working my way thru college, I had a job at a bar/restaurant. A nice fringe benefit: you ate and drank for free while working, and half price while off the clock. While working nights, we had 1 or 2 "Employee times outs" every hour so, where all 6-7 employees gathered for Gimlet shots. (4 parts vodka, 1 part lime juice). Toss it back, slam the shotglass on bar.

The customers loved it. They found it very entertaining, since it elevated the "party hearty" vibe.

That was Buffalo NY, a hard working, hard drinking, blue collar town. Bars closed at 4am, and 2am on Sundays. Different times. Pre-MADD.

Driving after a night of drinking wasn't even frowned upon.
In hindsight, I'm glad I couldn't afford a car then.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hear ya.

Summer of '69 , right before I went into boot camp, several east coast breweries were on strike and Carling Black Label beer sales skyrocketed, as did other beers. I was hired on the night shift in the brewery just south of Atlanta near the airport @ $3.30 an hour...lots of $$$ back then.
They were in such a frenzy, they never checked my drivers license...I was only 20.

Some days I'd clean the cookers, some days clean the hops room, unload grits (corn, barley, oats blend for the mash) from rail cars or inspect bottles coming out of the Pasteurizer.

Anyway, what ever was on the line that day, whether it be 12 oz. Black Label bottles, cans, Heidelberg Pilsner, or 3.2% beer for military bases and some states (can't remember that far back) there would be a couple of large, refrigerated coolers in the break room filled to the top with it....you could drink as much as you wanted during two 15 minute breaks or during a 1/2 hour lunch....nobody checked, nobody cared.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.....in a way, I'm grateful (and lucky, too). Maybe it was just a warm-up so I would know to handle it OK when I'd go on liberty later, on active duty. Who knows?....I'm still here 49 years later! :cool: