Issue with nonstop event record after reboot DS-2DE4225IW-DE(S6)

Bartixxx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i have DS-2DE4225IW-DE(S6) with microsd card inside (not having nvr yet) and my issue is when i reboot or just power outage then camera seems fails motion detection (but most propably there is even no motion event going on), by this i mean its stuck in recording state when booted back up, and on hikconnect i see the event going on for many hours without any stop. I have tried reflashing firmware and restore defaults with no success, only thing that fix this issue is to format sd card on the panel, (Samsung 256GB) and util next reboot everything works as expected. But i do not want to format microsd every power outage or so. Any ideas?

Screenshot_2023-01-04-17-05-11-77_a95cd7181daf1a10de28befe4fb2ffb3.jpgIMG_20230110_041319.png

Last edited:

Bartixxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I just have done more digging using ISAPI etc, and still cant see what causing issue, i have scheduler not set, and nothing and after calling PTZ preset, camera instantly going into recording mode, i have to get some more microsd cards to test, but i put some old 16gb card, and still issue persist, if microsd wont help, i will go to RMA

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:idk:
Try a different sd card or removing the sd card.
Try decreasing the noise reduction or changing your detection rules slightly / other changes that might impact the cpu load.

How are you powering the camera? NVR? PoE switch? do you have an alternate power source?

Bartixxx

n3wb
Reaction score
:idk:
Try a different sd card or removing the sd card.
Try decreasing the noise reduction or changing your detection rules slightly / other changes that might impact the cpu load.

How are you powering the camera? NVR? PoE switch? do you have an alternate power source?
No, i have no nvr, just poe switch by hikvision, cam plugged into HIPoe slot, yeah, about rules you said, thats the thing after factory reset to try test it this way i even did not setup ANY rules, to be hones it have no right to record anything, i mean scheduler off, any smart and non smart rules disabled, no rule had trigger recording enabled, and its still recording when i call the preset (as long i format sdcard and do not reboot) after reboot same situation

Edit:
By removing sd card i cant do nothing cuz i do not have NVR yet atleast, diffrent sdcard, i may try thrid one becouse i had replaced Samsung evo10* if im correct 256gb one to some 16gb one i think sandisk, and same issue, will try tommorow agin with 8gb one i know its fully working, but i dont think that may be an issue,

Also power i think should not be an issue, will, but maybe if its start to moving it has power drop and start recording? but thats strange, never had uncontrolled reboot or freeze of camera. I cant tell, will post update when i check my poe switch mdoel

My poe switch:
DS-3E0105P-E/M(B)

About alternate power source i have the OEM power supply for it, but cables are in the wall, even if i get them out, it would be painfull to get them to nearest outlet or powercord

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, i have no nvr, just poe switch by hikvision, cam plugged into HIPoe slot, yeah, about rules you said, thats the thing after factory reset to try test it this way i even did not setup ANY rules, to be hones it have no right to record anything, i mean scheduler off, any smart and non smart rules disabled, no rule had trigger recording enabled, and its still recording when i call the preset (as long i format sdcard and do not reboot) after reboot same situation

Edit:
By removing sd card i cant do nothing cuz i do not have NVR yet atleast, diffrent sdcard, i may try thrid one becouse i had replaced Samsung evo10* if im correct 256gb one to some 16gb one i think sandisk, and same issue, will try tommorow agin with 8gb one i know its fully working, but i dont think that may be an issue,
Don't worry about an alternate power source at this point, but do test with no SD card recording the camera with software on a PC. As for a different SD card, I'd suggest samsung endurance. You might try reducing the frame rate your recording at. Consider posting screen shots of your video and recording settings.

Bartixxx

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't worry about an alternate power source at this point, but do test with no SD card recording the camera with software on a PC. As for a different SD card, I'd suggest samsung endurance. You might try reducing the frame rate your recording at. Consider posting screen shots of your video and recording settings.
But does not local recording without sdcard on pc only recording video on the pc side? I think it just capture the footage from camera locally, talking about screenshots, i restored my settings whih i had backuped, and posting them here

Right now i have 25fps setup, but before i tried with 12fps and same issue, Rn i have microsd 16gb, will try other later that day due i need get ladder and go to the roof :rolleyes:

1673851361264.png1673851390579.png1673851401921.png1673851411512.png1673851417396.png1673851455902.png

but as mentioned before, when i was testing, i did factory reset, formatted sdcard, and camera started recording with all schedules disabled and empty