ismart ? Dahua nvr help if possible

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1st off, I have limited experience of the 'Dahua' side of things, but plenty on both BI and Hikvision, so I do know my way around them.

I have encountered via a friend the following unit.

ismart 4208 4k 8 port poe nvr 3.212.000.1 2017/02/24

Using what I now so far, it appears to be a 'clone' or Dahua derivative, the menu system is the same, I am unable to confirm this as the unit has NO names/badges/markings other than a made in china sticker on the bottom.

Currently I can access it using the 888888 account directly on the nvr, but not from the spss (?) software, for that I had to create another account and then access from a pc, but again the software on the pc seems to be 'different' to the smart pss I have seen before.

Also when trying to use say chrome to access it, it keeps telling me to install a chrome app that seems to be a one time use !! VERY CONFUSING

Without dropping the system, I have confirmed a 2tb drive was installed, but am not sure if it is a surveillance drive or not.

What I would like to do (if possible) is update and secure the device, better manage/upgrade the cameras (again no names visible) in the interim and then move forwards to both document and correctly setup the system for them.

Having done some quick googling, I am unsure if it can be re-branded cleanly/safely to a Dahua. some postings on here tend to suggest a hardware dongle is needed to do firmware updates?

I can get screen shots if needed.

Any help/advice (other than dump it and buy a real system) would be appreciated