Is there a way to disable "maximize camera" in web UI?

rccrosier

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to completely disable the "maximize" of a camera completely. Not use Motion or Trigger.

Anyone know a way to do that?

Thanks.

rccrosier

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read the help and I have searched several places including on here, and I've been in the UI settings about 20 times, but have yet to find a way to DISABLE it completely. Thanks for the NON-answer. It was quite useless. Here's the closest thing to answering my question, by staff member @bp2008 which does not mention any "disable" feature:

"The button to toggle it is in the control bar at the bottom of the video player area. There's one setting in UI Settings > Video Player where you can choose whether cameras will be maximized upon "Trigger" or upon Blue Iris's motion detection. (the two are not the same thing, although in many configurations they both happen at nearly the same time):

I already know both of those and tried them, and they perform almost the same way in my installation.

If there is a way to DISABLE it, maybe you could have just said what it was, rather than a useless snide answer like that. You were surely quick to reply with a useless comment though. Thanks a bunch.

Read the help, upper right corner, three vertical dots.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You have the answer. The control that bp2008 mentioned is what enables/disables auto-maximize. When blue, it will auto-maximize cams. When greyed, it will not. i.e., Auto-maximize is disabled.

The Trigger/Motion option is to select what causes the cam to be maximized only when auto-maximize is active. If greyed as above, then it's not in play so no need for a "Disabled" option there.

rccrosier

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I understand that. I cannot grey mine out, it's not an on/off option. Only shows blue and there is nothing there to turn it off. Other settings have the slide button on/off. This does not.
1640574304903.png

You have the answer. The control that bp2008 mentioned is what enables/disables auto-maximize. When blue, it will auto-maximize cams. When greyed, it will not. i.e., Auto-maximize is disabled.

The Trigger/Motion option is to select what causes the cam to be maximized only when auto-maximize is active. If greyed as above, then it's not in play so no need for a "Disabled" option there.

rccrosier

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, it's odd... I did not see that there, and on my BI, that button is grey on the main display, but blue on the UI settings menu. But I will mess around with that to see if I can get it to stop. Maybe something is out of whack with that, and maybe if I turn it on and back off, it will stop the mazimizing.

Appreciate that suggestion.

Bottom right of the main UI3 screen as circled in red here:

View attachment 113531

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The "button" in the settings pop-up window isn't a button. It's just an icon showing what the button on the main screen looks like when enabled.

The actual button is on the main screen as in the image that I posted. When you click that, it will be enabled/disabled. That's what bp2008 is referring to as the control in what you posted.

rccrosier

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. After Mike A. mentioned the button on the main screen, which I did not realize was in the UI3, I clicked it on and off, and the maximize did stop.

It would be great to have that button also on the settings, too. It's intuitive to look there first in my opinion. At least that where I went every time to try to disable it. Never quite "got" that the button was on the main screen for some reason. I was looking for "Disabled" in the pulldown...

Enough people have struggled with this, I'm going to add a yes/no toggle to UI settings too.

shaywood

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this thread is a bit old, but I have a similar question. In the UI3 I display a group of 4 cameras and have auto-maximize enabled. It works great. However, I would like to ignore one of the displayed cameras and only auto-maximize for events occurring on the other 3. Is this possible? For example, I currently display a kitchen, driveway, backyard and front door. Since I'm usually in the kitchen, I would like to ignore auto-maximize for that camera. I don't want to change/disable normal trigger events for the kitchen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a bit old, but I have a similar question. In the UI3 I display a group of 4 cameras and have auto-maximize enabled. It works great. However, I would like to ignore one of the displayed cameras and only auto-maximize for events occurring on the other 3. Is this possible? For example, I currently display a kitchen, driveway, backyard and front door. Since I'm usually in the kitchen, I would like to ignore auto-maximize for that camera. I don't want to change/disable normal trigger events for the kitchen.
Nope, I can't think of a way for you to do that.