Is there a shroud or some other way to block light glare on dahua cam?

msu_jman

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had my Dahua cams for about 2 years now and had no problem until my wife decided we needed some lights in the front yard.

Now one of them has a light below it that is causing some night vision issues. I'm wondering if anybody is aware of a shroud or some other attachment that can be put on a dahua turret to block direct light from hitting it kinda like what you put on a real camera.

I've done some cursory searching and not found anything yet

Reaction score
If and/after you address TonyR's bullet points, you may find the $0.99 piece of 12" roof flashing at the big-box stores to be quite handy. If you're crafty with tin snips, a hammer and a drill, you can cut/shape/roll and form the small, thin piece of sheet metal into myriad shapes to suit your application, and then (hopefully) mount it to the adjacent camera surface to shield enough of the offending glare. I've made one as a rain shield for a pair of turrets on my garage gable. You can then paint to match the house. We use similar doohickeys on some of our comm satellites at work, we call them "impingement shields" and they block the hot gasses from the 12 lb station-keeping thrusters from hitting and burning the composite panels on the aft end of the satellite.

Handy tip: start with an empty cereal box, cut the cardboard into approximate shapes and tape into position to test your design for effectiveness. If you find something that works, use more cereal box to make a nice template if needed to make the final product from sheet metal.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had my Dahua cams for about 2 years now and had no problem until my wife decided we needed some lights in the front yard.

Now one of them has a light below it that is causing some night vision issues. I'm wondering if anybody is aware of a shroud or some other attachment that can be put on a dahua turret to block direct light from hitting it kinda like what you put on a real camera.

I've done some cursory searching and not found anything yet
Check if there is dirt on the lense, if so, it may cause extra glare, try cleaning it.