is there a renewal fee for push notification

michaele6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I realized my push notification is no longer working , so is there an annual renewal for this ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, there is not.

Push notifications, like SMS / text messages, have recently had delays in delivery, usually the result of an issue at one of several servers. Some are cellular carrier issues, some possibly Google (for Android) or Apple (for iOS devices) servers.

There are soooo many threads on this unfortunately. You could spend all day reading them.

This is no magic bullet but some had reported success by rebooting their BI server...try it, it's quick, cheap and just may solve your problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recall someone posting here in the past that the push notification for the BI app (the paid $10 app) stops if you are not current with the "subscription" of Blue Iris.

michaele6

n3wb
Reaction score
I recall someone posting here in the past that the push notification for the BI app (the paid $10 app) stops if you are not current with the "subscription" of Blue Iris.
I have bought BI from here and the app from app store , there was no mention of annual subscription fee , it will be good to confirm this , i have push notification going out via home assistant so its not a show stopper

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't find the post where I thought someone mentioned it.

But there are threads where if using the iOS version, there is a certificate that expires and a BI update includes a new certificate, so in that instance BI cannot be expired to get that update.