iPhone Push Notifications

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From Help ""As the notification is sent via contact with either an Apple or Google web server, you must
ensure that the BlueIris.exe file has access through any firewall or other security software.
In addition, as notifications to Apple require a security certificate that’s renewed annually,
you should always ensure the software is up-to-date to retain this functionality. ""

so.. First, 'ensure blueiris.exe' has access through firewall..soo.. do we need to allow communication to a specific port or just give that file all unrestriced access? im not sure what that means...
There are many different ports apple uses. i guess im looking for a little clarity

Secondly "security certificate that's renewed annually" ok.. is that with blue iris, apple or iphone? again i am just not clear on this..

any advice or input is greatly appreciated as always! Thanks

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok. I will have to look up on if that would be a firewall rule or what.. not sure if that port needs to talk to my blue iris server or what.

Thanks for that bit of info though.. it does help.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so it kinda started working.. i didnt do anything i dont think... but it will be a hit and miss.. some times it works, some times it dosent