IPC-T5442T-ZE Question #1

glenwood

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras running under Blue Iris.

A few days ago, the clips from one of the cameras started being stored in the sub-stream format while the other camera continues to store clips in the mainstream format. Previously, both cameras had mainstream format clips.

Settings look identical in both Blue Iris and the camera WebGUIs. But something must be different and I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Some times, you can make changes many times over, and they just don't seem to make any difference. Take screen shots of all your Blue Iris settings and definitions for this camera, then DELETE THE CAMERA from Blue Iris. Yup, remove it completely from BI. Then create an entirely new camera from scratch using your screen shots to define the settings. There's a good chance your problem will be resolved.

Now, don't take this as a rant against Blue Iris or the BI developer. It's just an annoying wrinkle I've encountered before. If it helps, great. If not, well, maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

glenwood

n3wb
Reaction score
Some times, you can make changes many times over, and they just don't seem to make any difference. Take screen shots of all your Blue Iris settings and definitions for this camera, then DELETE THE CAMERA from Blue Iris. Yup, remove it completely from BI. Then create an entirely new camera from scratch using your screen shots to define the settings. There's a good chance your problem will be resolved.

Now, don't take this as a rant against Blue Iris or the BI developer. It's just an annoying wrinkle I've encountered before. If it helps, great. If not, well, maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.
Thanks VorlonFrog.

I took your advice and deleted the camera. From there I deviated a bit and used the OK camera as a template for bringing back the deleted camera. It’s working as expected now.

Yes, the beauty of BI is the incredible amount of settings, configurations and features available.

The overwhelming part of BI is the incredible amount of settings, configurations and features available.

:)