IPC-T5442T-ZE Noisy Video

pbfarmer55

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a IPC-T5442T-ZE camera and a IPC-K42A. After comparing the two, I think there might be something wrong with the IPC-T5442T-ZE the image always looks noisy. I am also finding I have to crank the bit rate to get a reasonable image. I have treid to reset the settings to factory defaults, and it did not make a difference. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Or should I try to return the camera? The K42A camera looks so much better. I have attached a snapshot from the camera and my video settings for the camera in question.

Thanks for the help, I also fell for a Reolink camera and thanks to you guys I was able to return it.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Congrats on returning the Reolink!

Try playing with the bit rate on the 5442. I have one and am running it at 8192, CBR, 15/15 frame rates, and it looks really "clean" to my tired, old, need glasses, eyes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, most here have found the 5442 series needing a higher bitrate and CBR.

Many of us found that H264 works better with this series as well. And many of us have found that the difference in storage savings between H264 and H265 isn't as great as touted. Mine is literally a few minutes a day difference.

Many of us have found that the sharpness of the 5442 series needs to be tweaked down - try mid 30s and see if that cleans up the noise.

Also, I have found you can run the NR a little higher on this camera - what are you running 3D NR at?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree with both of the above posts.
Fist thing I do with a 5442 is set bitrate at 10240 and dial sharpness down to 35-40-ish. And yes I can run a bit higher than normal DNR without too much blur than most 2MP Dahua's...