IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

The Smart IR firmware with SMD 3.0 V2.8 2022 Aug Version has been released. The update is mainly for Smart IR, New Security Baseline function, highly recommend to update, esp the 4K models.

This firmware is working great with the help of @Wildcat_1 , has big improvement on the 4K model day and night pics.

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5842T-ZE 4K
IPC-T5442TM-AS
IPC-T5842TM-SE-S2 4k
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-Z4E
IPC-B5842E-ZE 4K
IPC-B5842E-Z4E 4K
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

Can refer to the our amazon shop for camera details.

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Based on this other thread, I would say the answer is yes. However, the Smart IR won't work with this particular camera LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will be testing tonight to see if the "lag" in picking up the object is still occurring.

As I mentioned previously, the object was still detected, it just took longer, but for certain field of view or implementation like a spotter cam for a PTZ, that lag could result in missed objects in certain conditions.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't tested this latest firmware, but all other versions had issues with IVS rules triggering on Human/Vehicle. For me it didn't seem to be a lag, as much as it was that you had to be much, much closer for it to trigger compared to the older firmware.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't tested this latest firmware, but all other versions had issues with IVS rules triggering on Human/Vehicle. For me it didn't seem to be a lag, as much as it was that you had to be much, much closer for it to trigger compared to the older firmware.
That's definitely a problem. I look forward to you pioneers putting IVS through its paces before I upgrade :)

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's definitely a problem. I look forward to you pioneers putting IVS through its paces before I upgrade :)
I have not, and do not intend to use this firmware on any cameras in the field, as I don't feel I can trust the IVS without further testing and possibly changes to the firmware. I'm using it on one of my test cameras I have mounted at my place, solely for playing around with. I would recommend anyone else that is looking to get SMD3.0 on their cameras they rely on, at most implement it on one of your lower priority cameras and make sure the IVS triggers are working appropriately for you.

If you use something else to handle your motion processing, such as a different VMS, then I think this firmware is in a pretty good spot.

I'll get it loaded up soon and let you know how it works.

thansen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just discovered that Privacy Masking now has a mosaic setting, that's very nice i think.
One other thing i noticed is that in the network setting Access Platform P2P has automatically been enabled after the update.

PhilWagner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

got the T5442TM-AS from you and (for sure) updated directly one with the firmware mentioned above
Works fine so far, but I can only change the AV settings as I'm logged in as "real" admin.
Cannot change these settings with another (admin-) user anymore.
That worked before. It's a little bit silly cause my synology worked with a user account to change settings.
Is it a bug?

Guido

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Most of us IF we decide to update the firmware will factory reset it first, upload the firmware, and factory reset again and then set the camera up from scratch and not import settings.

If you didn't do that, then suggest you try that. Many have updated the 5442 series cameras without issue.