IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

PhilWagner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi wittaj,

Thanks for the tip, but I have done nothing else as you described. Factory reset, new firmware, factory reset. Nevertheless, this does not solve the problem.Even though I am well aware of the phrase "never change a running system", I would have liked to start by supplying new toys with the latest firmware before using them.

So the problem still exists. The 2nd new camera has version V2.800.15OG004.0.R Build Date: 2020-10-19. Everything is fine with this one. Would it be possible to get this firmware from somewhere? @EMPIRETECANDY

And back to the question, is it still a bug or is it just a basic update problem?

best
Guido

Edit: tried it with a very old DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.11.R.191230 from my older HDW5442 and back again i can change system settings from another admin user. So it seems that's a bug in the firmware.
Nevertheless getting back the R Build Date: 2020-10-19 would be nice

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
THX Andy

Found the 2020-10-19 so I'm back on original

Where can I find the 202012 fw

thansen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY
There is a bug in this firmware.
I use SSA in backlight mode, and for some reason SSA stops working/turns off automatically and i have to go to settings and select another backlight mode and back to SSA to enable SSA again. It is happening almost every day.
In the setting SSA shows as enabled even though it is disabled.

RFo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a question in regards to this firmware.
I just upgraded and done a reset (not factory default) and now i seem to can`t change any option for video as the options are all empty.

Is there something else i need to do ?

BR

Attachments

PhilWagner

n3wb
Reaction score
that was the same fault with me, but within in a user or admin account. The default admin worked.
The factory reset doesn't help

RFo

n3wb
Reaction score
For me factory reset worked out. i can also use any browser just streaming is not working using firefox.

PhilWagner

n3wb
Reaction score
For me factory reset worked out. i can also use any browser just streaming is not working using firefox.
your lucky

Knowing the account issue from the old foscams :cool: I tried it with FF, Chrome and for sure IE
But often there are some faults on my side, so I'll try tomorrow again

RFo

n3wb
Reaction score
I must correct myself. Options are only usable when logging in with the default admin not any created user afterwards....

Last edited:

thansen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must correct myself. Options are only usable when logging in with the default admin not any created user afterwards....
I can confirm that bug, just tried to create another admin user, and the video settings are missing for the new user as well.
The video settings are only available for the default admin user.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. but, don't update unless you have a problem with the cam you hope to solve.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Firmware is available on the products page on Dahua site as well.

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. but, don't update unless you have a problem with the cam you hope to solve.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Firmware is available on the products page on Dahua site as well.
Could u send me the direct link to the firmware for this Camera please that would be awesome, and what's really the difference if I get it directly from the site?