IPC-T5442T-ZE email setup

billv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up email in the camera but it won't work. I'm using my smtp server, port 25 and no login or auth. (Yes I know, only specific IP addresses can send from that server). It fails immediately no matter how I have it set. I've tried using both the domain for the smtp server and it's IP address to no avail. Other devices in that LAN can send email though that smtp server but this won't. I tried a different smtp server and got it to work but I'd rather not use that server. The camera log is empty so I have no clue why it's failing. I've tried it with "anonymity" set and unset and both fail. System Version is V2.820.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-29 . Any idea how to get this to work or find out why it's failing? Thanks

billv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I was using the log incorrectly. There are log messages but none showing anything wrong with email. The System subset only shows two events when I installed it.

I'm still having trouble with email. I have two email accounts that are the same (server, port, password, domain) with the only difference being xxx in xxx@mydomain. It works with one userid but not the other. And one server that I use as a relay with no login doesn't work either.