IPC-T2431T-AS 4MP problems

trejtjen

n3wb
Reaction score
I have received 2 weeks ago from EmpireTech IPC-T2431T-AS 4MP Starlight Wdr Ir Eyeball. The firmware is Version V2.840.0000000.2.R.
I have problems with IVS that not good working and have problems with continuous connection with my PI Raspberry for record This working good with my older Dahua (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE) My question is or the firmware the problem is and what the best way is for solution?

Attachments

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What sort of connection problem?

what bit rate are you running? pi does not have the best network connection and you can saturate it

trejtjen

n3wb
Reaction score
What sort of connection problem?

what bit rate are you running? pi does not have the best network connection and you can saturate it
Thanks for reply

When i test the connection to my PI it says in the submenu FTP failure. When i refresh sometimes ftpsserver succesfull. I have tried on h464h and h465 video see attach files In other threads i see the same problems but the version number is lower V2.80.0000000.2 instead V2.840.0000000.2

Attachments

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you just saving to the pi via ftp then rather than running an application as an NVR?

I doubt it’s the camera firmware, I have one of those and it’s been pretty solid (although I am using Software not ftp upload).

I would more suspect your hitting a limit on the pi if you have gone from 1 to 3 4MP cameras

trejtjen

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you just saving to the pi via ftp then rather than running an application as an NVR?

I doubt it’s the camera firmware, I have one of those and it’s been pretty solid (although I am using Software not ftp upload).

I would more suspect your hitting a limit on the pi if you have gone from 1 to 3 4MP cameras
Yes I running via ftps and do not using a NVR application.But it is a good suggestion that Pi has limits. I go testing this. Thanks