IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Firmware

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the recommended firmware for my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras? I see that there is a version V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605, but reading the below thread casts some doubt on whether I should load it or not. I see references to an older .13 or .15 version of the FW being better than the latest .16, but cannot locate these. Any idea where I can find the preferred, .13 or .15 version of the FW?

IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Rhea V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605 Latest new firmware

TIA!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be where the latest firmware resides.

But, if the cameras are installed and operating and working as you need them to, a general rule of thumb here is "don't fix what ain't broke".

Many times a firmware update will add something that you were not using or didn't need and it unfortunately then breaks something you were using. I recall someone on here with a Z12 had nothing but issues when they updated the software - multi reboots, etc. And of course a certain PTZ that lost autotracking if someone updated the firmware...

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That would be where the latest firmware resides.

But, if the cameras are installed and operating and working as you need them to, a general rule of thumb here is "don't fix what ain't broke".

Many times a firmware update will add something that you were not using or didn't need and it unfortunately then breaks something you were using. I recall someone on here with a Z12 had nothing but issues when they updated the software - multi reboots, etc. And of course a certain PTZ that lost autotracking if someone updated the firmware...
Thanks. That seems to be the .16 firmware. I am looking for the slightly less latest firmware.

It seems like .13 and .15 are the more desirable versions (is this true? Seems like folk have had issues with .16.).

The reason I am upgrading them is that I am selling them and would like to pre-install the more desirable fw version for potential buyers, rather than the older 2017 fw that is on them now.