IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE-OPAT missing PTZ controls

M3Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased an IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE-OPAT from Empiretecandy - thanks Andy.
I initialized it and changed the IP settings to DHCP and can login to the Web3 interface.
However, the PTZ tab is missing from the main screen - what do I need to do to enable PTZ? (Blue Iris cannot exercise PTZ control either).

2023-03-18.png

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You may need to connect to the Edge browser and apply Internet Explorer support. If I remember correctly, at the top right there is an Internet Explorer symbol, click on it and a banner will open and there you will have the instructions. Try it and let us know.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 5442 is not a PTZ camera so it will not have the PTZ controls on it.

That little box with a plus sign bottom left should pull up the focus and zoom features.

Keep in mind that just because BI may allow you to change zoom on this camera (you need to enable the PTZ function in BI for this to happen), it is best to set the zoom in the camera GUI so that it holds.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer as these types of cameras are sensitive to browser.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 5442-ZE is a varifocal camera though, so you can optically zoom in, but it doesn't have pan/tilt capabilities other than when you are installing it and pointing it to the field of view.

Plus a varifocal is a set it and forget it and is not designed for constant zooming in and out. It is for the install location where the focal length isn't known, so it allows you to set it to the appropriate field of view.

M3Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Is there a camera has good night vision (preferably starlight), PTZ and isn't too large/obtrusive (HOA needs to approve)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Starlight is just a marketing term.

You need to find a camera that is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio, and also not a jacked up algorithm that many consumer grade cameras have. Reolinks have Starlight cameras and they are horrible at night.

1679159708597.png

PTZs and small and good at night are tough to come by.

This is kind of small but doesn't have as much zoom as the 5442-ZE you have now, nor would the quality be as good.

This one is not much larger than the 5442-ZE you have now, but you need to have a fair amount of light at night.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.