IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M dual 2mp camera hangs

Reaction score
Hi Andy. I have a dual 2mp IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M which freezes up every two weeks. I need to powercycle the camera to restart it. The maintenance menu says that the firmware is up to date. Is there new firmware for this model that might resolve the hang issue or is there something else I can look at?

Jeff

mazut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also have HDBW4231F-E2-M from Andy, everything ok, rock solid

FW

Marc Finns

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue.
It happens randomly. I have 10 cameras and they are all powered the same way. This one is not even far away from the power source.
An issue when traveling, as the only way is to physically disconnect it.
Is there a firmware update?

Reaction score
I've been getting around the hang problem by having the camera auto-reboot once per week. The only issue I have with that is that the IR gets re-enabled after each reboot. I find I have a bit of ghosting from the internal IR and as I have an external IR illuminator, I prefer to keep the internal IR off. As the weekly reboot re-enables it I have to to access the camera's settings menu each week to turn it off. However, that is more convenient than disconnecting the ethernet cable for the POE reboot as the switch is mounted in a remote location.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have noticed if you have an SD card in this cam and it gets full, the CPU gets maxed out in this tiny thing trying to run two cams and figure out the clip to erase and write over.

In my case, a reformat of the SD card eliminates the issue. Since I run BI, I now have this thing auto delete old files past 14 days so I don't have to go in constantly and reformat.

Marc Finns

n3wb
Reaction score
I have noticed if you have an SD card in this cam and it gets full, the CPU gets maxed out in this tiny thing trying to run two cams and figure out the clip to erase and write over.

In my case, a reformat of the SD card eliminates the issue. Since I run BI, I now have this thing auto delete old files past 14 days so I don't have to go in constantly and reformat.
In my case that is not the root problem, I don’t use local storage.