IP/POE Doorbell

Reaction score
Hello All can someone recommend a compact( not too big) intercom/doorbell please. Looking to spend $150-250.
Not sure it is matters but I'm still in the market for IP/POE cameras so not sure it matters to get same brand.

A specific doorbell/intercom model would be helpful. Sorry it's time consuming to research which I've done a little already and working 60+ hours a week and now have a 4 month old makes it very tough. Thanks

Reaction score
Boils down to what you are chasing after. A cheap quick install no-config easy-setup doorbell? Or quality little-spendier more-involved-setup ?

Reaction score
I do have a Dahua VTO 2202, but it is not something you can slap in and config in 2 minutes.
Yes, if someone hits the "call" button, it can ring remote VTH's inside your home and also ding dong your smartphone. But this takes some understandings more than a paragraph of instructions.

Reaction score

last page of posts is how I got my Dahua VTO 2202 to finally ping my smartphone. Wasn't easy because I have a rather involved network firewall subnet vlan setup :) I am very happy with the unit itself.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
there's this... It works with Blue Iris and we pretty much hacked this thing into doing everything we originally wanted it to be able to do by page 30 something of the thread.

Just download the modified firmware and packages/scripts from Github to SD card, unzip, put SD in the camera, hold down the reset button while powered on for 30-60 secs and let it install the FW for a few minutes. Then just telnet into the doorbell to run a one liner to make all the packages/ scripts executable and edit the scripts with your info to set time, send Pushover Pic notifications, Telegram Pic notifications, or Mqtt for automation. Few different options to use with mechanical chime too.

Block it from internet with white list for pushover/telegram and use local ntp server and this thing does everything you'd need without sending vid to remote servers except for two way audio. Two way audio coming soon ™

Last edited:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How does it do in BI running WiFi? I have full coverage via cameras already so it’d be an additional angle. Can it trigger BI when the button is pressed? Or just BI motion detector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I can only talk about my experience. My my wifi/ISP unit is 10-12 feet away, So wifi is strong. Performance as good as wired. It also worked hooked in Wifi hooked up to the rear doorbell. which was much further away like the other end of the house. A good 30-35 feet. I havent tried any trigger BI button scenarios, the App sends a notification. BI can do motion. Ya never know what else is under the hoood with BI that it might be able to do with it. Somebody else might have an answer.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
i dont think BI can capture the button press.

you will need some other smart home triggers for this to work.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
i dont think BI can capture the button press.

you will need some other smart home triggers for this to work.
That’s what I figured. I have home assistant and would like to some day monitor the doorbell so I can have automations built around it.

I have unifi APs for WiFi and there is one about 15ft from the door so if I do pick one up it should do just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk