Ip camera - which cameras can i buy with vulnerabilities to test

Reaction score
As a project for my university dissertation i have chosen to talk about IoT Security, my practical design will cover a IP camera and i will perform a penetration test on it, as most cameras have been patched such as the TP-Link Tapo c200 for example. i would like suggestions on which IP cameras have vulnerabilities within them so i can perform a test on it, i am looking for devices which have RCE exploits, feel free to email me.

I will be using a kali linux system, to produce the penetration test, i am also looking to produce a botnet attack.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EVERY camera has vulnerabilities, which is why we isolate them from the Internet.

Any patches, if done, are usually like a year after the vulnerability was found.

We have had members do tests like this with Hikvision, so why don't you test a camera favorite here like this one so that we can then point to folks why one should prevent their cameras from talking to the internet:

Now if it is a cloud based camera you are looking for, take your pick from Ring or Arlo or Nest or Blink or Tapo or .....

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a project for my university dissertation i have chosen to talk about IoT Security, my practical design will cover a IP camera and i will perform a penetration test on it, as most cameras have been patched such as the TP-Link Tapo c200 for example. i would like suggestions on which IP cameras have vulnerabilities within them so i can perform a test on it, i am looking for devices which have RCE exploits, feel free to email me.

I will be using a kali linux system, to produce the penetration test, i am also looking to produce a botnet attack.
Welcome @samirsarwar

IoT .. if you're good at pen testing, you should be able find just about any IoT device which does not get software updates often will be insecure ..

I would recommend attempting to breech some of the most popular IoT cameras sold to consumers and even small-medium business...

Eufy
Reolink
Ring
Wyze
Blink
Arlo
Nest

ADT
Simplisafe ..

Just look for posts like this one, and get an assortment of cameras to hit for vulns ..

1674421676061.png