IP Camera Suggestions

Reaction score
I bought a dropcam about ~9 years ago when they were a kickstarter or equivalent. I put my first dropcam in my room in a house I shared with roommates. I recommended it to my friends. It was dead simple. Plug it into your computer, configure it, unplug it from Mobdro your computer and place it anywhere with a power outlet.

~7 years ago I moved into a new home with my new wife. Took the dropcam with me and bought 2 more. The 2 new dropcams ended up having bad cameras. The video feed was really bad. Dropcam sent me 2 replacements and told me to keep the bad ones. Which I thought was cool. I ended up giving my 2 replaced dropcams with mediocre video away to 2 different friends to try out and told them how awesome dropcam was.https://downloadnox.com/

Meanwhile I had a kid. We put another dropcam in his room. It works better than a baby monitor. We caught his first steps on the dropcam in ShowBox our living room. I actually made a clip of the dropcam feed showing my wife freaking out about that and sent it to dropcam.

I got an email at one point from someone at dropcam saying that because I was a early supporter of dropcam I was selected to get free cloud recording for life on the 4 dropcams I was using.

About ~2 months later it was announced google was buying Nest.

About ~2 months later it was announced Nest was buying Dropcam.

It has been downhill since.

I just checked recently and my cameras aren’t recording to the cloud for 2 weeks like they used to be. Google is pushing a new product called Nest Aware. It’s going to cost ~$300 a year. For that price I can spin up a box in AWS on my own.

Which brings me to my point.

I am looking for IP cameras that can record locally/ push video to a remote server.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

elwishten

n3wb
Reaction score
I have amcrest as well, from what I read foscam is pretty much the same as amcrest or vice versa. once my nvr dies I will be switching to blue iris as well. I wish they made something that would integrate more into the home automation aspect of it all though. Spam links removed

Last edited by a moderator:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have amcrest as well, from what I read foscam is pretty much the same as amcrest or vice versa. once my nvr dies I will be switching to blue iris as well. I wish they made something that would integrate more into the home automation aspect of it all though. shareit get-vidmateapk.com
Hi elwishten

That is old information.

WIkipedia is your friend here...

Amcrest is no longer associated with the Foscam brand, and now mostly has Dahua OEM cameras as far as I can tell.