IP Camera Suggestions For App Development

Reaction score
Hi, i am currently in search for an IP Camera that lets me connect to it using RTSP (or other methods) to an app i am developing in android studio. i have all ready tried two cameras first was the TCP Smart home camera which didn't let me connect to anything at all out side the app and then i tried the tp-link tapo camera which let me connect to pretty much everything except my app and i found out after a gruelling week by asking the manufacture and they said they only supported verified 3rd party applications so my app was unrecognised and therefore blocked.
this might not be the place to ask but i have searched all over the internet for an answer and couldn't get one. so any suggestions or any software developers among you that could help me out would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you share the make, model and FW version of your test cameras.

I've had great success with the HikVision cameras already.

anthocleod

n3wb
Reaction score
I like using free IP camera software, and I've gotten to understand which are the best ones so far. Right now, I'm using ManyCam and I'm pretty pleased with it. It does not have a watermark in the free version and you can stream up to 4K resolution. Although most features need manual control, it's very suitable for app development. I work as a freelance app developer on and people who are looking to hire me always ask what type of IP camera I'm using. Also, as someone said earlier on the forum, PTZOptics 12X-SDI is a good option.

Last edited: