IP Cam - can no longer log in - password changed? Hacked?

arovbukay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum and IPCams in general. I've installed 3 x Trendnet TVIP310pi cameras via POE, all have been working fine except for one of my cameras.

Recently I found that the feed on my phone had stopped, I logged on to my laptop and tried to access the camera with IP, I could get to the logon page but it wouldn't accept my password, weird as this was working with no issue.

I then followed the reset to defaults steps, set the camera up from scratch and was able to view the feed on my phone again, as well as log into the camera via laptop.

I've left it a day and now the same seems to have happened, the camera is on the network, but it seems like something is changing the camera password. Could this camera be hacked? I've made sure it was up to the latest firmware version, but how could I check if it has been hacked?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum and IPCams in general. I've installed 3 x Trendnet TVIP310pi cameras via POE, all have been working fine except for one of my cameras.

Recently I found that the feed on my phone had stopped, I logged on to my laptop and tried to access the camera with IP, I could get to the logon page but it wouldn't accept my password, weird as this was working with no issue.

I then followed the reset to defaults steps, set the camera up from scratch and was able to view the feed on my phone again, as well as log into the camera via laptop.

I've left it a day and now the same seems to have happened, the camera is on the network, but it seems like something is changing the camera password. Could this camera be hacked? I've made sure it was up to the latest firmware version, but how could I check if it has been hacked?
Trendnet which are basically Hikvision clones are prone to being hacked, just like any other IP Camera if not setup correctly and exposed to the internet.

A number of checks you can do:-

1) Check to see if your cameras have their IP addresses port forwarded on your router. If so disable
2) Check to see if your cameras have uPNP enabled. If so disable
3) Check to see if your cameras have any P2P client enabled. If so disabled
4) Check your camera logs to see if anyone has logged in other than your known IP addresses.
5) Check your router logs to see if anyone has access to your cameras IP addresses.

Once you have confirmed all above, change your password setup a VPN solution (use the search on this forum for info) and happy days

arovbukay

n3wb
Reaction score
I need port forwarding enabled as I access the cameras remotely using my phone, but will look at disabling the others

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I need port forwarding enabled as I access the cameras remotely using my phone, but will look at disabling the others
I access many cameras remotely on my phone... I haven't got one camera port forwarded... VPN is your friend, if somebody can access your cameras there is a chance they can access your internal network / computers