IP Address lost but, Camera reachable with iC-See Pro (Network Mode RPS vs IP)

Manos.DE

n3wb
Reaction score
There is something I do not understand and it drives me crazy!

I have three cheap PTZ Outdoor WLAN camera like the one in the photo. (They are actually from different brands but they are all the same).
Initially I set them up with the iC-See Pro App on my Smartphone and later I connected them ONVIF with my recording server.
They have fixed IPs delivered from my router's DHCP.
ONVIF Device Manage could find all three of them, could connect to them (without password :facepalm:), so far so good!

Since a couple weeks, I lost connection with two of the three cameras :idk:
I can neither ping them, nor connect to them via IP, nor ONVIF Device Manager.

However, when I use iC-See Pro, it will find all three cameras, I can connect to any of the "non-accessible" two, I get the message "RPS video open success" and I can use them without problems.

How can it be that while they are not accessible via IP, I can still use them with iC-See Pro?

It may have something to do, I changed my network's subnet mask to 255.255.252.0
(I did not change the IP addresses of the cameras though).
Interestingly , the one camera I still have access to via IP, still claims to have subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 (see pic).

But then I noticed, the "Network Mode" is different among the three CAMs:
The one I can access has network mode IP while the other two RPS :facepalm: (see pic)

So here come the questions:
  • Why can I not connect to the two CAMs with IP?
  • Is there a possibility for the ONVIF Device Manager connect to the two cameras using RPS?
  • How do I switch the mode from RPS back to IP ???

Many thanks for any help and best wishes for a healthy and successful New Year 2021 !

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It may have something to do, I changed my network's subnet mask to 255.255.252.0
Interestingly , the one camera I still have access to via IP, still claims to have subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 (see pic).
Yes indeed.
But why did you not reconfigure all devices to match?
Subnet masks should be consistent across devices.

Why do you think you need such a large address range?

Manos.DE

n3wb
Reaction score
But why did you not reconfigure all devices to match?
Subnet masks should be consistent across devices.
Actually, This is what the DHCP service of my router does automatically!
It did for all devices....After the lease is expired or, a device re-starts, it connects to the DHCP and receives a new "lease" i.e. a new IP Address and subnet mask and DNS etc, etc etc.
The DHCP Server decides which IP address the camera will get (and of course it is defined to always be the same).

I need a large address range because I have about 150 IoT devices and I need to run separate networks for security reasons.

This should not be a reason for discomfort since out of three identical cameras, one is working and the other two not!

Manos.DE

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody has an idea about what is going or, am I the first person that ever had to experience this? o_O

Manos.DE

n3wb
Reaction score
Just giving a short feedback....

A factory reset solved the problem.

I was very reluctant at first to do this because the cameras are installed at 5meters height and had no ladder that tall to demount them in case of problems.
After I had access to a ladder, I did the factory reset, I was able to connected (WITHOUT having to use the ladder) and redo the setup and everything worked out.

gjenck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have the exact same problem.
i have 3 camera , and one is going back to network mode RPS ,if i restart its going in IP mode , but after a while its jumping back to RPS
All of three are in wifi , the one with rps problem i have farther , so the signal is probably weak, i dont know , maybe that could be the reason of jumping to rps , as frequently dropping network error too
So i will try your method with the reset to factory, i should check wheter is an option for that in the icsee !?

Dvalin21

n3wb
Reaction score
There is something I do not understand and it drives me crazy!

I have three cheap PTZ Outdoor WLAN camera like the one in the photo. (They are actually from different brands but they are all the same).
Initially I set them up with the iC-See Pro App on my Smartphone and later I connected them ONVIF with my recording server.
They have fixed IPs delivered from my router's DHCP.
ONVIF Device Manage could find all three of them, could connect to them (without password :facepalm:), so far so good!

Since a couple weeks, I lost connection with two of the three cameras :idk:
I can neither ping them, nor connect to them via IP, nor ONVIF Device Manager.

However, when I use iC-See Pro, it will find all three cameras, I can connect to any of the "non-accessible" two, I get the message "RPS video open success" and I can use them without problems.

How can it be that while they are not accessible via IP, I can still use them with iC-See Pro?

But then I noticed, the "Network Mode" is different among the three CAMs:
The one I can access has network mode IP while the other two RPS :facepalm: (see pic)

So here come the questions:
  • Why can I not connect to the two CAMs with IP?
  • Is there a possibility for the ONVIF Device Manager connect to the two cameras using RPS?
  • How do I switch the mode from RPS back to IP ???

Many thanks for any help and best wishes for a healthy and successful New Year 2021 !
Did you ever find the answers to your questions? I have had the same issue since connecting cameras from ICSEE to either Onvif Manager or the Video tool that you can download when you go to the cameras IP. A quick google search reveals that RPS is an acronym that stands for Redirection and Provisioning Service. Businesses use it to automatically configure and deploy VoIP phones on their network from a central location without having to manually provision each device. I'm not sure who this would relate to security cameras. I've sent a request for information to the seller. If you haven't heard anything, Ill repost what I find out here.

ddaemon82

n3wb
Reaction score
I have such cameras too, a bit different though.
I never managed to get them working in ONVIF mode.
Device version X2C-WQ
Software version V5.00.R02.000807B4.00000.348

Reaction score
Did you ever find the answers to your questions? I have had the same issue since connecting cameras from ICSEE to either Onvif Manager or the Video tool that you can download when you go to the cameras IP. A quick google search reveals that RPS is an acronym that stands for Redirection and Provisioning Service. Businesses use it to automatically configure and deploy VoIP phones on their network from a central location without having to manually provision each device. I'm not sure who this would relate to security cameras. I've sent a request for information to the seller. If you haven't heard anything, Ill repost what I find out here.
Hi! I have exactly the same issue using 2 cameras with ICSee. Have u found any solution tot this? I think this icsee app is a mess….

Dlindblad

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have this problem. I have 1 cam that hooked up thru the CAMHI app and another that goes thru ISEE app. I was trying to 1 platform where I could view both cameras without jumping from app to app. I can find my CAMHI camera no problem - it gives ip address under networks settings. But ISEE camera doesn't - says rps. So aggravated!!