iOS WAN Connection Issue

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue connecting via WAN with the latest version of the Blue Iris iOS app? Can only connect via LAN with the latest version and wanted to verify if others were seeing the same thing. Emailed Support but no luck with a resolution so far so was just trying to confirm the issue was widespread or just me.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Connecting via WAN just fine on 5.4.1.1 / 2.00.36. How are you accessing your BI install over WAN?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue connecting via WAN with the latest version of the Blue Iris iOS app? Can only connect via LAN with the latest version and wanted to verify if others were seeing the same thing. Emailed Support but no luck with a resolution so far so was just trying to confirm the issue was widespread or just me.
Insure a recent update did not change the WAN entry from HTTP to HTTPS.

Last edited:

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange. I am running HTTPS with stunnel but I've tried disabling and using HTTP as well and the same issue occurs. Blue Iris doesn't show any connection attempts at all and says "Check network availability" in the app. Can connect without issues via safari to UI3. It has worked fine til recently so not sure what changed.

Last edited:

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tested on another device and it works, so looks like its something specific to this device.

Edit: Found out this was caused by VPN/proxy app that I was using. Though this worked fine in the past, it now appears to think I don't have an internet connection when its installed, updated support so hopefully they can fix.

Last edited:

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HTTPS with stunnel using the old method (self-signed certificates) is no longer working after the recent BI app update. You'll need to switch a fully signed certificate or use a VPN. If you want to go the certificate route, you can use this guide here! szanzibar/autocerts.