Intrusion detection events when continuous recording

disstopic

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL indirectly connected to a DS-7616NI-I2 NVR via LAN. The camera is set to continuously record 24x7 on the NVR.

What I would like to have happen is, from 9pm to 6am, when an intruder is detected, the strobe light comes on, and the detection is highlighted when I watch the replay in iVMS.

I've turned on Intrusion Detection and set a detection area, max and min areas, with threshold set to 2, sensitivity set to 60, target validity set to Basic and Human Detection ticked. Under Linkage Method, I've ticked Flashing Alarm and Trigger Recording A1. Arming Schedule is set from 00:00 to 06:00 and 21:00 to 23:59.

The light is set to On Normally for 60 seconds, and works great. It turns on as expected during the right times.

However, when I review the recording in iVMS, and tick Human Detection, I only see the normal blue continuous recording bar, there is no red highlight overlay showing when events happened.

I did try turning on Notify Surveillance Centre, however this caused hundreds of detection events during the day, when the intrusion detection was not supposed to be armed, resulting in many alerts on mobile devices running Hik-Connect etc. I wouldn't mind alerts coming through only during the armed times, but I couldn't find a way to configure that.

What is the correct way to achieve what I'm trying to do?