Interesting Win 4 Privacy

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I found the ruling on this case very interesting given the endless erosion of privacy all over the world. It’s clear to me the judge followed common sense, expectations of privacy, and the rule of law.

Not just the rule of law but the spirit of the law!

His reference to a person standing on a pole for three months along with someone peering between the break in the fence was spot on. The very fact these were the counter arguments from the prosecutors is laughable yet troubling at the same time.

Just think for just a moment a officer of the court who is sworn to uphold the law is making a pleading everything the police did was right?!?

This will become case law for others to follow and hope it affirms the 4th amendment of the constitution was made for this very reason!

None of this negates this person is a piece of shit. But, even criminals have rights and if it only applies when it’s convenient than there’s no hope for anyone.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That did make me wonder about all those satellites with extremely high powered zoom cameras aboard. But they're Federal Property and probably exempt according to the new Constitution.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
There was plenty of loop holes for 3 letter agencies.
The homeland security shot all the rest of privacy to bits. Don't expect any privacy any more.
We carry our own nsa devices, built for 1984, they just figured a way for us to pay for them, and get so attached that we even take them into the bathroom.:banghead:
Look at Europe, they have strict laws on internet tracking. A lot of web sites have a popup you have to accept before their web site works properly.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot of web sites have a popup you have to accept before their web site works properly.
most annoying thing since 1984 ;). i am glad there are ways to block these messages...
but yes privacy in europe is more reliable than on any other country.
whatsapp/facebook have to pay 225 millions just for not inform right what they do with the collected data :D

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
most annoying thing since 1984 ;). i am glad there are ways to block these messages...
but yes privacy in europe is more reliable than on any other country.
whatsapp/facebook have to pay 225 millions just for not inform right what they do with the collected data :D

Pocket change