WTS Intel NUC- i7/8gb RAM/120gb SSD

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be a good price even without the RAM, SSD, and OS.

:)
I thought so too. If it doesn't go to a board member over the weekend it's off to eBay for $50 more

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sliding777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi zebrock. Im currently building a system and am learning on my I7 3gen laptop. Would this work as the PC for a 16 cam system? I guess I should be asking if any HDDs can be added.
Thanks
Sky

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This NUC can handle one M.2 SSD and one 2.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD, so it is possible to add an HDD, but if the included SSD is also 2.5 inch SATA then you'd have to swap it out.

If you ask "Would this work as the PC for a 16 cam system?" without specifying any more details then anyone could answer it however they want.

If you were thinking of using it for Blue Iris, there are a number of reasons it wouldn't be optimal. Hardware acceleration doesn't work in Windows 7 with Blue Iris running in service mode. This is also a 5th generation Intel CPU so it will never support H.265 hardware acceleration (H.264 should work though). As this is a NUC, it trades a lot of CPU speed and storage capacity for small size.

sliding777

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thank you for your honesty. I suppose I should go back to looking for an i5 6th gen.