Integrating Blue Iris, Pushover, Node-RED, and Amazon Rekognition

MikeW

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody play with this yet? I'm trying to get all the requisite items setup for more experimentation.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that exactly, but I use Frigate with Home Assistant and Pushover. Setup is not for the faint of heart however and Frigate is still in beta and has some bugs. But it works great. I get notifications via HA -> Pushover right on my phone as soon as someone steps into my driveway. Its dead accurate too since Frigate is using Google's Tensorflow AI. No false alarms. If you tell it to look for a person, you only get a person. Its quite astonishing.

MikeW

n3wb
Reaction score
Not that exactly, but I use Frigate with Home Assistant and Pushover. Setup is not for the faint of heart however and Frigate is still in beta and has some bugs. But it works great. I get notifications via HA -> Pushover right on my phone as soon as someone steps into my driveway. Its dead accurate too since Frigate is using Google's Tensorflow AI. No false alarms. If you tell it to look for a person, you only get a person. Its quite astonishing.
Any good write-up on how to set that up?

This seems to be the previous version to my original post using Tensorfllow. I haven't played with it yet.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Not really any write ups other than to read his Readme and just slog through it. I have frigate running in a docker container on a Debian NUC while Home Assistant is installed in a separate VM on my Proxmox Host.

Make sure you use the Beta version of Frigate as that has his latest code. You can also checkout his long running thread about Frigate on the HA forums here: Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am using the HTTP REQUEST node to GET URL . When I put that URL in a browser, it triggers just fine. And it USED to work fine as a node in HASSIO. But sometime this month, it no longer worked. Instead, I'm getting a debug payload:

1687473696411.png

And it doesn't fire BI. Seems like something broke. I haven't logged into my HASSIO console in weeks... Any ideas?