Installing random camera from Aliexpress on a Dahua NVR4104-p-4ks2

Jolyon39

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased this pin hole camera hidden in what looks like a burglar alarm sensor

How do I make this work on my NVR?

It is a 5mp Poe, IR and audio camera. Currently set to 192.168.1.10

I surmise I need to set the NVR channel to ONVIF but not sure of the sequences to go through. Can anyone guide me through. Build date on my NVR is March 2021 and the software has not been updated on my NVR

Jolyon39

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried adding it the same way you added any other camera you have on there?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have Dahua cameras and they just plug and play so this non Dahua camera is new territory for me, adding something that does not immediately recognise the NVR and visa versa

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Jolyon39 ,
Do you have a link to the AliExpress listing for this camera?

It would be helpful if we have more information :).
There is options such as adding the camera via RTSP URL into the NVR. The RTSP URL of each camera brand is different.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the camera does not pick up an IP address from the NVR you may need to assign an address to it yourself.

Once the camera is on the same network as the other cameras the NVR should be able to see it and from there you should be able to provide the right credentials and add the camera.

Jolyon39

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Jolyon39 ,
Do you have a link to the AliExpress listing for this camera?

It would be helpful if we have more information :).
There is options such as adding the camera via RTSP URL into the NVR. The RTSP URL of each camera brand is different.
Hi,

It gets more curious, I left it for an hour and when I came back it shows its working but says its plugged into a different port than the one I have it plugged into. So I have a picture but what is happening here?

here is the link to the camera on AliExpress

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if the camera is working, dont get too crazy on the port number.
Your port number stamps are very small and very hard to read.....it might be ok.
or if you tried several ports, it hasnt caught up yet with the changes. maybe until something gets rebooted.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

It gets more curious, I left it for an hour and when I came back it shows its working but says its plugged into a different port than the one I have it plugged into. So I have a picture but what is happening here?

here is the link to the camera on AliExpress

Very good!
Looks like the firmware is 'XMeye'. I also use a cheap XMeye camera with my NVR.

My newer NVR only worked with this camera as RTSP or 'Cannon' brand.
1678609258585.png

Previously, I used RTSP on my NVR:
1678609465774.png
Main: rtsp:/[B]192.168.1.10[/B]:554/user=[B]user[/B]_[B]password[/B]=tlJwpbo6_channel=1[B]stream=0[/B].sdp?real_stream
Sub: rtsp:/[B]192.168.1.10[/B]:554/user=[B]user[/B]_[B]password[/B]=tlJwpbo6_channel=1[B]stream=1[/B].sdp?real_stream
'Stream=' is the main and sub. Main=0, Sub=1.

I found you can also disregard the 'user=xx' '_password=xx' if the receiving device already puts the username/password in.
e.g. rtsp:/192.168.1.10:554/tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream
I found once that was removed my NVR would switch between views very fast (I suspect it loaded the streams while trying to 'login' again).

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
says its plugged into a different port than the one I have it plugged into
The camera port numbers have no real connection to the physical ports on the switch.
They're just a software configuration.

Jolyon39

n3wb
Reaction score
Very good!
Looks like the firmware is 'XMeye'. I also use a cheap XMeye camera with my NVR.

My newer NVR only worked with this camera as RTSP or 'Cannon' brand.
View attachment 156574

Previously, I used RTSP on my NVR:
View attachment 156575
Main: rtsp:/[B]192.168.1.10[/B]:554/user=[B]user[/B]_[B]password[/B]=tlJwpbo6_channel=1[B]stream=0[/B].sdp?real_stream
Sub: rtsp:/[B]192.168.1.10[/B]:554/user=[B]user[/B]_[B]password[/B]=tlJwpbo6_channel=1[B]stream=1[/B].sdp?real_stream
'Stream=' is the main and sub. Main=0, Sub=1.

I found you can also disregard the 'user=xx' '_password=xx' if the receiving device already puts the username/password in.
e.g. rtsp:/192.168.1.10:554/tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream
I found once that was removed my NVR would switch between views very fast (I suspect it loaded the streams while trying to 'login' again).
Whats insanely bugging me now is that with it suddenly working I literally understand even less, how did it suddenly start working after a long pause, is there a very long boot process or does the NVR do a refresh every half hour or something.

How do I plug in a second one of these and make it work, what configuration do I type into the camera section, will they conflict with each other etc

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Whats insanely bugging me now is that with it suddenly working I literally understand even less, how did it suddenly start working after a long pause, is there a very long boot process or does the NVR do a refresh every half hour or something.

How do I plug in a second one of these and make it work, what configuration do I type into the camera section, will they conflict with each other etc
Can you login to the NVR and see what it is setup as?