Important!!IVS failed and Triangle warnning issue Solutions for 4MP AI models

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
These days we get some complaint about the IPC-T5442TM-AS(Same series, 4Mp AI models) IVS failed and Triangle warning. This happens after some cams updating.
Here is the instruction for fixing up, please follow it and send email to me.
Thanks to @bigredfish testing out and all guys' waiting here!
Please send me email with the file and this screen shot of Version, need S/N no. and version No.
1572664851261.png
Configtool download link

Attachments

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I went through the process a few times to say the least, so let me know of I can help.

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went through the process a few times to say the least, so let me know of I can help.
Just to be 100% clear before proceeding, we need to install and run the tool selecting Chinese for the installation language, even though English is offered as an option? The language the tool is installed and run with will affect the resulting .dat file?

That's what I took away from the PDF instructions offered by @EMPIRETECANDY, but there were no screenshots to follow for the installation of the tool; I wanted to make sure I wasn't making things unnecessarily difficult.

I'll have to map the installation steps via the English install first to know what and where to click when re-installing the tool in Chinese. I presume the system I ran this on is missing international fonts or some such which causes the buttons in the installer to be garbled (and thus renders Google Translate useless.)

Garbled buttons.PNG

Thanks for the tool/fix @EMPIRETECANDY , and thanks for offering help with the process @bigredfish!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No it’s a separate Chinese tool. Not the same as the English version.

Get the Chinese tool link in the pdf Andy attached. This first step is to generate the .dat file. Send it to Andy. Follow the steps in the pdf to export/save the .dat file. Send this file to Andy.

He will then send you another zip file that, using the same Chinese tool, we upload to the camera using the tool which fixes the problem.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Please send me email with .dat file and this screen shot of Version, need S/N no. and version No.
1572877541917.png

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No it’s a separate Chinese tool. Not the same as the English version.

Get the Chinese tool link in the pdf Andy attached. This first step is to generate the .dat file. Send it to Andy. Follow the steps in the pdf to export/save the .dat file. Send this file to Andy.

He will then send you another zip file that, using the same Chinese tool, we upload to the camera using the tool which fixes the problem.
Understood. The installer I downloaded a short while ago using the link provided in the PDF offers both Chinese and English for the language selection - I was just clarifying that I needed to run the tool in Chinese to get the proper results.

Language.PNG

If the file exported/saved differs when running the tool in English vs running it in Chinese, then I'll figure out how to get it installed in Chinese. I'm just installing "blind" since the buttons in the installer are garbled (see the earlier screenshot provided.) Normally I'd use Google Translate to figure out what I was clicking but since it's garbled, that's not an option.

Thanks again!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Understood. The installer I downloaded a short while ago using the link provided in the PDF offers both Chinese and English for the language selection - I was just clarifying that I needed to run the tool in Chinese to get the proper results.

View attachment 50141

If the file exported/saved differs when running the tool in English vs running it in Chinese, then I'll figure out how to get it installed in Chinese. I'm just installing "blind" since the buttons in the installer are garbled (see the earlier screenshot provided.) Normally I'd use Google Translate to figure out what I was clicking but since it's garbled, that's not an option.

Thanks again!
Aha, just use Chinese, because it's easy to follow the PDF Guide that i shared.

Buddym

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy, is it recommend to send the .dat file to you or will be the issue fixed with the next firmware release?

Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s unique to the camera. Andy will send you back a zip file to upload to the camera that will fix it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I got some emails for the files. and now i send the fixing files back, so follow the guide to finish the update, and make a default after you finish the updating.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I received a camera which came with the triangle preloaded, :lol: I'll need to follow this guide too :highfive:

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got some emails for the files. and now i send the fixing files back, so follow the guide to finish the update, and make a default after you finish the updating.
Thanks Andy. I was wondering where things stood but didn’t want to bug you about it!

I received a camera which came with the triangle preloaded, :lol: I'll need to follow this guide too :highfive:
Well that’s certainly interesting. I wonder how/why that could happen?

I’m curious too if this is a permanent fix? The error references an “expiration” of the algorithm - Is there potential for these OEM cameras to no longer be licensed for a feature down the road, when they’re no longer under warranty? In this day and age of subscription license models, etc. I have to ask. Hopefully it’s a perpetual license attached to the hardware once we receive and apply the fix.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I was wondering where things stood but didn’t want to bug you about it!

Well that’s certainly interesting. I wonder how/why that could happen?

I’m curious too if this is a permanent fix? The error references an “expiration” of the algorithm - Is there potential for these OEM cameras to no longer be licensed for a feature down the road, when they’re no longer under warranty? In this day and age of subscription license models, etc. I have to ask. Hopefully it’s a perpetual license attached to the hardware once we receive and apply the fix.
This bug have to use this way to sort out.

jmwang

n3wb
Reaction score
This bug have to use this way to sort out.
Couple questions Andy-
1) If I just maintain my setup (0521 firmware which is working) and upgrade when the next firmware becomes available can I avoid doing what you mentioned. I have a few cameras that have this issue, and the cameras work pretty well as they are.
2) Also, I have a 5241 camera which exhibits the same issue, is the fix going to be the same?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you seeing the red triangle but IVS and SmartIR are working fine?

korbzz

n3wb
Reaction score
TBH, not happy about buying cameras with faulty files. Now I have to chase down a POE injector, connect to a switch and work through ip issues, navigate a program in Chinese language to send files away (x 3) for someone to fix them @ Dahua and send back, then upload, set cameraas back to default and reconnect and setup back in NVR. Sorry, but not the great service I have read on here (especially considering I bought the cameras AFTER this post went up! Would think that cameras would be checked for errors before sending).

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It's a bug that can't solve via normal firmware updating. The files have to send back to dahua to actvate it. After this, the camera will never have triangle again.