Imou Cue 2c

tellblom

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a couple of these cameras on BlackFriday for €10 each. Connected them to my BlueIris server with OnVif and they work lika a charm.
The only thing is that the overlay date, time and their logo. Since I do not use the app as you should the date and time is resetted everytime I un connect them.

In the APP i have not find how to remove the date/Time (the logo i assume you can't get rid of) so I tried to log in directly to the camera but I can't seem to get access to it.
I have the username/Password for the cameras (that is needed to connect and get the onvif stream).

Does anyone know if you can connect to it on one of the 4 open ports? The ports that are open is 80, 554 (the one I use rtsp:/ to), 8086 and 37777(this port seems to only be open now and then)

agrogers

n3wb
Reaction score
The IMOU cameras a Dahua rebranded. So you can use the Dahua config tools to manipulate some settings. Here are my notes for this...
  • Adding the device to the IMOU app can be a little troublesome
    • When setting up these cameras it is necessary to use the IMOU Life app to give the camera access to our WiFi network.
    • Make sure that the VPN is disabled on your phone before attempting that. The VPN blocks the device from getting the WiFi details passed to it.
    • But then I think the VPN needs to be on to complete the final step which is adding the device to the IMOU cloud account.
    • If the camera Green light is on, then the camera has connected to the network. The setup process can be redone and it should skip through the first stage quickly. Sometimes the adding of the account fails but it still adds it.
    • To hardware reset the camera hold the rest button in on the back of the camera for about 10 secs plus.
  • Trouble with them connecting to WiFi maybe due to
    • I can connect them to the wifi network but they green light keeps flashing.
    • Check that the network is not restricted to certain MAC addresses
    • I turned off 'Fast Roaming' and 'Band Steering' in Omada and forced provision of the access point. It seemed like one or more of those things enabled me to connect successfully to the wifi network
  • RTSP config settings Connect to Imou cameras
  • There are quite a few sites that say it is 'onvif' compatible. What they mean is that we can use RTSP
  • It is not possible to get to its web interface
  • The various config tools
    • Dahua PC tool - seems to be just a way to find cameras and give a shortcut to their web interface. I couldn't get an account registered because i didnt receive the confirmation email
    • Dahua Config Tool:
      • This looks good and finds all the cameras but again cannot connect to the IMOU camera.
      • BUT, it will connect if the computer is on the same subnet as the IMOU camera!
      • It does connect to the others and allows configuration of the video feed which is convenient. Find DahuaWiki and Dahua Config Tools - Google Drive
    • Android ConfigTool Mobile: it did detect the camera but it could not connect to for config purposes. It could connect to other cameras and showed the list of all the settings which was nice. Was not compatible with my phone so had to install it from an APK
    • Onvif Device Manager: Connects to the camera if on the same subnet. Use it to add additional users to the camera
Setup Procedure
  1. Install the SD card
  2. Power up the camera
  3. Disable VPN on your phone
  4. Add the camera to IMOU
    1. Open the IMOU app on your phone
    2. Push the Add button
    3. Scan the code on the back of the camera
    4. Go through the add process
      1. Connect to the wifi network
      2. There may be problems. If the VPN is off and if the VPN is on. Try it off first then thry it on.
    5. Change camera settings in IMOU
      1. Disable notifications
      2. Enable Device Offline
      3. Recrod video quality to Standard Definition
      4. HDR Enable
      5. More >
        1. Disable Status LED
        2. Rotate image if needed
  5. Add the details of the camera to the table below
  6. Open the Dahua Config Tool
    1. Try and find the device in the list. It should be the only one that has a 192.168.5 IP address
      1. Sometimes it takes a while for cameras in that network to appear.
  7. Assign a fixed IP to the camera in DHCP server
    1. Open Omada
    2. Find the device in the client list. Search for "IPC" in the client list and look for a camera on the 192.168.5 network.
    3. Assign it an unused static IP address and name in format Camera37-A105_WiFi
  8. Restart the camera
  9. Change the camera settings in the Dahua Config Tool
    1. Refresh the Config Tool and find the camera under the new IP address
    2. Login using Admin and the safety code on the back of the camera.
    3. Change settings: VBR / 720p / Quality=3 / Bitrate=1024 / Compression=H265
    4. Set Image>Profile to Normal
    5. Set Image>Channel Name = the new camera name/location
  10. Add a new user to the camera
    1. Open Onvif Device Manager
    2. Find or add the camera to the list
    3. Log into the camera
    4. add the user
  11. Add the camera to Blue Iris
    1. Open BlueIris
    2. Right click to add a new camera
    3. Chose "Copy from an existing camera" that is similar to this one (rtsp:/192.168.0.239/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif)
    4. Change the IP address, name and groups