iDMSS 4.91.004 - new update - anything fixed yet?

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has tested this yet. Specifically wondering about notifications of subscribed events as well as playback of motion detection (fast forward continuously through only orange parts).

I’m asking because I’m still on 4.31.002 from last March of 2019 and I’d like to get my push notifications working again without losing the playback functionality.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This (iDMSS Plus) just became available yesterday (3/19) for iPhones but so far so good regarding push notifications and playback however I didn’t have a problem with either function with the prior version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So you can playback say a couple of hours of timeline and choose to just see the events (MD/IVS) and it will skip from one event to another?

or you mean it will simply playback from the start time and you cant really isolate the event?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you can playback say a couple of hours of timeline and choose to just see the events (MD/IVS) and it will skip from one event to another?

or you mean it will simply playback from the start time and you cant really isolate the event?
Actually I was referring to the push notifications working and I have mine set to take me to that recorded event as it occurred. Those work fine and always have.

I just tried what I think you’re referring to and it’s mostly manual. I can set it show me all MD events from a specific camera in a timeframe for example and it will show the orange bar motion events with video automatically starting on the first MD event in the timeline. BUT, it doesn’t skip (as I expected it would) to the next event. It will just play on until it hits the next event. So I workaround it by either turning playback speed up or manually slide the bar to the next orange line. So if that’s the bug the OP was referring to it’s still there.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s my pet peave about the app, thank you for checking.!
Playback is important to me in an app and this has been broken for the last 18 months or so. Used to work really well.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s my pet peave about the app, thank you for checking.!
Playback is important to me in an app and this has been broken for the last 18 months or so. Used to work really well.
Interestingly, I just tried the same playback scenario using the FLIR Cloud app and it works like it should. I’m pretty sure Dahua wrote that app for FLIR back when they were making NVR’s and IP Cameras for them.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I just verified on the FLIR cloud app that that playback for motion detection works as is supposed to! That’s a huge help for playing back events. Now if only there was a way to receive push notifications for IVS events on this app too there would be no need for iDMSS at all. I see push for motion detection but not IVS but at least this app solves one problem! Thanks for the info!

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I just verified on the FLIR cloud app that that playback for motion detection works as is supposed to! That’s a huge help for playing back events. Now if only there was a way to receive push notifications for IVS events on this app too there would be no need for iDMSS at all. I see push for motion detection but not IVS but at least this app solves one problem! Thanks for the info!
You’re welcome. You’re right about the FLIR app not sending push notifications. When FLIR sold their business to Dahua some of the FLIR infrastructure was not compatible with Dahua and the push notifications, among other things, broke and couldn’t be fixed. That’s the biggest reason I switched all my cameras and NVR to Dahua.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually a strange thing I noticed on playback of motion detection only. It will play events twice before moving on to the next event. It’s strange because the font of the camera name changes also. I don’t think it’s playing both the main stream and the sub stream in row but maybe it is?