I am looking for a 4k + 60FPS home security camera...

HouseUser

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this site:

I am looking for a home security camera that is both 4k resolution and also 60FPS for outdoor use.

I see a lot of 4k and 30FPS home cameras and those are NOT what I am looking for.

Also, if the camera can download straight to a harddrive instead of a cloud, that would be nice too.

Anyone know any 4k/60FPS home security cameras or are they not on the market yet?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I am looking for a home security camera that is both 4k resolution and also 60FPS for outdoor use.

I see a lot of 4k and 30FPS home cameras and those are NOT what I am looking for.

Also, if the camera can download straight to a harddrive instead of a cloud, that would be nice too.

Anyone know any 4k/60FPS home security cameras or are they not on the market yet?
60fps will not be fast enough and 4k won't be clear enough. I suggest looking for 120fps 8k cameras.
Start with reading the cliff notes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome @HouseUser

Is there a particular use case for 60 fps?

Also, I take it you are looking for a "4K" that is a 4K UHD or 8MP camera - not the cinematic 4K spec'ed camera

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe he IS shooting a Hollywood movie. Or San Fernando Valley, at least, if you get my drift... :)