How to update BI to v5.4.4.8? Mine just stuck cannot finish downloading

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone experiencing problem updating BI.

I just purchased an Extended support and Maintenance License Key.

But when I want to update the current system from BI v5.4.3.12 to v5.4.4.8,
BI just could finish downloading. It just stuck there forever. :confused:

Close BI software and start it again, problem still exists.

Any idea how to fix this problem? Download the update files from Blue Iris Software Updates
and update manually?

Thank you.

2021-05-10_15-36-04.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Try restarting the Bi service, that should hopefully resolve the issue where it thinks the download is in progress.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Any idea how to fix this problem? Download the update files from Blue Iris Software Updates
and update manually?
Still perusing the large quantities of great info on this site. However, seeing this topic came up... (regrets on the brief hijack of the thread)

What is the preferred method for applying updates to BI? Letting it do it's own updates, or download & install manually?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Rule of thumb, if it ain't broke don't fix it. The problem is that BI is constantly adding new features like sub streams and AI so the urge to upgrade is strong. I keep mine set to not update automatically. When a new update does come out, I wait a day or two to see if there are any comments here on IPCT before I update.

Gatlarf

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem. It was caused byclosing the interface while the update was downloading. That leaves the update half-downloaded and the temp-file it creates prevents the update from being downloaded.

You need to go to C:\ProgramData\Blue Iris\temp and delete the failed download. I believe you need to stop the BI service first though. You can leave the ‘config’ and the ‘temp’ files where they are. Just delete the third file as shown in the screenshot. (The name could be different.). start the service again and you should be able to download the update.
B8D875AD-0C4C-4812-A74A-F0E59DB483B9.jpeg