How to set up IVS rules so it records while condition is true and not post-N seconds after an event?

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to record all time when someone is in the region, and not only 10 seconds after he or she enters the region.
For example, if I enter the designated region and stay there talking with someone it will stop recording after 10 seconds, I dont want that to happen. I want the NVR to record all the time while I'm in there and only stop when I leave the region.
How do I set it up?

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, that's called 24/7 regular recording, with IVS enabled too off course. Let's rephrase your use case: imagine your IVS spots a burglar. Police comes by. And they ask you: did these guys pass by your house with a blue BMW? You cannot tell, because your IVS did not spot it, and you don't have any recordings out of your IVS blocks. Hence the 24/7 recording. IVS flags the "moment" and through the 24/7 recording, you can go back and forth as long as you want. Now, your specific question: did your IVS intrusion box also trigger and record when you léft your zone? I'm guessing not, based on the arrow (which is pointing only inwards). And with my own experiences: placing an intrusion box as close to the border of your camera is not that highly efficient: IVS needs to "see" a box/target before it can identify it and see that it passes the border of the intrusion box. Another option is to tick the "appears" option too, but that didn't seem to work much here.

So try and fiddle with all these options, and see what works best for you!

Happy Camming!
CC

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No it does not trigger when I left the zone.
I want to start recording when I enter the zone and WHILE in the zone.
I thought this is so trivial, it properly recognizes the target and highlights it in green, still the camera does not support such a rule.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and yes. I do have other two cameras recording 24/7 that covers the road and sidewalk, I just don't want to waste space and have ALL of my cameras record the same road 24/7