How To Know IP of Cameras Installed on iSpy?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
iSpy doesn't display the IP information of the cameras installed on it.

I look at the streamed image and right click for edit details but there's nowhere I can see what the config of that particular camera is: IP and port and whatever... but especially simply the IP.

Is there some way to do that?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
very succinct. and very helpful. thank you very much for that.
can you help with another one? how do I access these camera from afar - from a different pc in a different town? Given I have a fixed IP here and have port forwarding.
Sricam say it cannot be done except with their smartphone app. I don't have a smartphone.

ah... i just stumbled across that 'ispy connect account' info. that'd be it I guess. I better research it. Or there are other ways? I was thinking the onvif protocol being open source it'd be the easiest to access in every way...... not so, I think...

ahh... well I paid money and bought an account and the testing said everything is fine.

so I'm at home now. what do I do if I want to access my cameras from elsewhere? i haven't found that info in the ispy docs as yet.... would you happen to know?

Last edited:

Amature

n3wb
Reaction score
You would think you would have to allow access to your home net through your pc settings so a browser could see it on it's IP address.
Not recommended
If you would like to view your recorder or camera remotely from an internet connection outside your home/business, you would need to enable port forwarding rules on your router by logging in to your router administration portal and configuring two separate rules for ports 37777 and 80 to be directed to the local IP address of the recorder or camera. Although port forwarding is simple and easy to do, it depends on the make/model and build quality of your router how hard it is to configure the rules.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no problem. I am familiar with port forwarding.
the thing I'm after now is just what URL to put into a remote pc to view my cameras here.

ispy doesn't say.

I see ispy when setting up my account forwarded 63348 so I tried myip:63348 but it couldn't connect.

ispy also says its software is smart enough to know when you're trying to connect via the web but are on the same net as your cameras and will step in and do a direct connection, leaving the web out of it. so I guess that means I can't do a test until I get out of the house and go somewhere else.

but the main thing is they don't even say what URL you're supposed to put in to access remotely. Or even if you're expected to have their software running on the remote machine.

I was hoping you'd know.

Probably better if i try to find an ispy forum but I rather think i'm here in the first place because this is the nearest we have to such. :)

I might try this 'agent' software it talks about.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It begins to look to me like the way it works is they have a central place that all involved cameras log in to. We log out cameras into it via the ispy software.

then to connect remotely we do that again somehow. I can't find out how. They don't say. But probably by loading this software on that machine, too. Or maybe not. But somehow connecting with their central location and providing username and password and then we get access to our cameras.

I can't find it clearly spelled out. There's thousands of words there, millions maybe, but I can't find where it tells us what to do. It just says things like 'and then you will be able to...'

See - it says this:

If iSpy connected successfully to your computer (and you are subscribed) then you should now be able to access ispyconnect.com from anywhere in the world to access your live and stored content. If you are not subscribed then iSpy won't setup port forwarding and won't try to connect externally.

See?

Seems straightforward doesn't it? Log in to 'ispyconnect.com' from anywhere and you can access your own home cameras. But when I go to 'ispyconnect.com' all I get is a page of advertising for their products and invites to download. Nothing to log in to that might enable a connection....

Make me wonder if they've got any customers at all.

Cost me $80 to get this far.

If that's the way it works then I've just thrown $80 away I think. For Sricam offers the same thing, I think, only I steered away from them because they want you to have a smartphone and I haven't got one, don't want one. But I could use VOS I suppose.

And theirs is free.

Also complicated by this 'Agent' thing.

Nobody knows of a more direct iSpy forum where I can ask them directly?

Bit of a rum do, this. I feel.

Last edited: