How to disable BI date/time imprint on jpg

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do I disable the Blue Iris imprinting of date/time on jpg's? I have BI date/time imprinting disabled for the recorded and live video and rely solely on the camera imprinting of the date and time.

On the jpg, not only do I see the camera's date/time but also BI date/time. On some camera's they overlap and make it unreadable. I can't find a setting to change this anywhere.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Answering my own question. I deleted the BI date/time stamp from the edit camera's setting under video, even though I hadn't enabled the imprinting of the date/time for the video. There is no reference to jpg for the setting.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you worked it out.
Did you find out after consulting BI's extensive, built-in "Help" file?

Also, I find it helpful to open the "Help" file not from within BI but instead go to "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5" and open "BlueIris.pdf" with Adobe Reader. Then in Adobe Reader hit "<CNTRL> F" which brings up the "Find" window and I can search for a term, such as "overlay". :cool:

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Answering my own question. I deleted the BI date/time stamp from the edit camera's setting under video, even though I hadn't enabled the imprinting of the date/time for the video. There is no reference to jpg for the setting.
That is enabled by default for new cameras, and you did find the correct place to remove it.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did search the help file but used the term, snapshot, and couldn't find the answer or reference to imprinting to jpg's. Will check later using the term, overlay, see what that brings up.

To be clear though, all my cameras were set, and are set, with the BI imprinting disabled, and all live feeds and video recordings were not BI imprinted, as expected. The jpg's though were imprinting the date and time. I subsequently deleted previously setup date and time settings from the configure screen for the overlay and that did the trick.